Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2016, 01:28 PM   #1

2014 Solera 24R slide out problem

I have a rear slide out problem with a 2014 Solera 24R. The slide will move approximately 8 inches and stop I then reverse it about 1 inch then continue to slide it in or out for about 8 inches again. I can get it all the way out or in by using this procedure, which takes forever. I am afraid it may not work at all eventually. I have printed the Lippert manual and follow the instructions for resetting the motor positions to no avail. There appear to be no codes in the controller as it is hard to see inside it. The slide is definitely getting in a bind as it comes in or out slightly crooked. Please help.
Thank you,
Paul Huyck
paul huyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 05:13 PM   #2

Check for slide seals getting caught in the track or in the rollers under the slide. Next I would check the wires to the motors behind the inside upper seal. Follow them as far as possible. Chaffed or broken wires are fairly common. Try to inspect the track gear and rollers with the slide out , can be seen with slide out behind outside seal. If all good then sounds like a bad motor or bad controller. Just my thoughts, good luck. Motors can be bought on Amazon. I often thought of buying a spare. Confirmed all 4 motors on the 24r slides are the same per Forest river parts dept. Can't remember if it was the 300:1 or the 500:1 ratio. Good luck , let us know the result.
Old 05-23-2016, 04:35 PM   #3

Took a look at the rear slide motor in the Solera this weekend. Part number on the motor is Lippert 236575. Available on Amazon for $140. All 4 slide motors are the same for the 24r. Don't know about the other models.
Old 05-23-2016, 05:23 PM   #4

2014 solera 24r rear bed slide out problem

Thank you for your reply Rich.M. I have since found a second controller which is for the rear bed slide. I did as the instructions said and came up with a trouble code 8 which means that there is a short between the controller and the motor.
Error named "Hall Signal Not Present" The encoder is not providing a signal which is usually a wiring problem. I have checked the wires at the motors and at the controller and they seem to be intact. Has anyone out there experienced this problem and if so what was the remedy. I prefer not to take it back to the dealer as they are 50 miles away. Thank you for any help that you can give me.
Paul Huyck
Old 05-23-2016, 06:14 PM   #5

Found this post, Schwintek slide problem - Dutchmen Owners May be it will help.
Old 05-23-2016, 09:26 PM   #6

I had a similar (same?) problem which turned out to be a defective slide controller. I was able to isolate it because the 24R has two slides which use the same controller. I swapped the controllers and the problem moved with the controller, rather than staying with the slide and it's motors. You might try a similar swap to either confirm a controller problem or eliminate the controller as the source.

Good luck!

Dave
Old 05-23-2016, 10:04 PM   #7

I am reading all these post on slideout problems. We used to have a 1993 Wildwood 5th wheel took the slideout in and out 100 times or more and never had a problem. N we have a 2017 Sunseeker MBS 2400W and everytime we take it out and in some
smiley58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:08 PM   #8

Schwintek troubleshooting manual is in the library:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...do=file&id=190

Owner's Manual also in the library with error codes, etc. (including Hall Signal error code, which is usually a wiring problem):

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...do=file&id=184
Old 05-23-2016, 10:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley58 View Post
I am reading all these post on slideout problems. We used to have a 1993 Wildwood 5th wheel took the slideout in and out 100 times or more and never had a problem. N we have a 2017 Sunseeker MBS 2400W and everytime we take it out and in some
You were saying....?
Old 06-13-2016, 11:33 AM   #10

Regarding motor removal 2014 Solera bedroom slide. The Forest River video is vague as to where the screw is that holds the motor. Anyone out there know where it is?
Old 06-13-2016, 11:49 AM   #11

Lippert/schwintec video shows it under the outside seal behind the motor. Look on youtube or lippert website for a visual
Old 06-13-2016, 06:21 PM   #12

schwintek/lippert motor removal

Hello again Rich,

I peeled back the weather strip and found the screw that holds the motor in.
It doesn't just lift up and come out as in the video, but with some prying I removed it. Now all I have to do is hope that I selected the right one otherwise I will be putting the new one where I removed the old one and putting the old one on the other side. I looked at the Hall Effect unit and do not see any bad solder joints, so it may indeed be the other motor. I have looked over the motor body and there are no threaded holes for the screw to go into, so it looks like the screw just goes into one of the large openings on the motor to keep it from travelling up.

Thank you again for your help, I'm feeling a bit stupid right now. I will let you know if and when I get it fixed. Better than a trip to the dealer which is 50 miles away and according to the horror stories on the internet they do not know much more than I do.

paulhuyck
Old 06-17-2016, 08:03 PM   #13

24r solera slide out FIXED!

Once again many thanks to Rich M and all you others that helped with my slide out problem. I purchased a new motor from Amazon for about $150 including tax. I had to guess which one was bad (Hall effect sensor) and fortunately I guessed correctly. My problem was that one side went in or out further than the other causing it to get in a bind and stop. If you watch the video from Forest River it looks like a simple job, well it isn't. The screw that you take out on the outside doesn't really hold the motor in it just keeps it from moving around. Once removed the guy in the video just lifts it up and out, no such thing! There is no clearance on the bedroom slide and the motor has to be pried up and pulled out, there are 4 studs and a shaft that all have to go in perfectly when it is reassembled. The motor does not come with the studs, so they have to be taken off the old one and put on the new one. There is practically no room at all to work on the motor, consequently I had to disconnect the other motor, look down the hole, with a mirror, where the shaft would connect to the gears and run the motor until I could see that the shaft would engage. After that I had to run the motor in short bursts to get the 4 studs to line up. Not a pleasant job. Once that was done I replaced the screw from the outside and put the weather stripping back in place. Forest River should be ashamed at the shoddy way the weather stripping was assembled. Anyway, Hooray, everything works as it should, Thanks again for your help fellow RVr's

Tags
2014, slide, slide out, solera