Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-29-2014, 05:25 PM   #1

2015 24R Shower Door Latch?

Can anyone tell me whom I might contact to obtain a replacement latch for the shower door in our new 2015 24R? (It's one small little dark brown catch with one screw) I've tried several RV parts places - in person and online - and nothing matches what's there. Thanks in advance for any help!

PS - always double check that the shower door is latched before you head out!
Old 06-29-2014, 07:24 PM   #2

Contact FR directly. I also had to have one replaced--but several months later it broke again on a terribly bumpy road. I had added a towel bar above the toilet and took a bungee cord and connected it to the door hardware to keep the door open when traveling. No more problems.

2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy
Old 06-29-2014, 08:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by knutter View Post
Can anyone tell me whom I might contact to obtain a replacement latch for the shower door in our new 2015 24R? (It's one small little dark brown catch with one screw) I've tried several RV parts places - in person and online - and nothing matches what's there. Thanks in advance for any help!

PS - always double check that the shower door is latched before you head out!
This works great. Cut a dowel slightly larger than the space left when the glass door in the closed position. Then gently wedge it at the bottom. You have the right length, when the dowel is raised slightly off the track, making for a tight fit and easy removal.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:48 AM   #4

Thanks all - interestingly, Forest River is sending me a new shower door latch and an additional matching towel bar (we wanted another one to match the one that came with the RV) for just under $30. ($10 for the shower latch itself).

I also contacted SEA (Shower Enclosures America) who makes the shower enclosure and they are sending me one for free from California. At least now, I'll have a spare!
Old 07-20-2014, 03:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvBill3 View Post
Contact FR directly. I also had to have one replaced--but several months later it broke again on a terribly bumpy road. I had added a towel bar above the toilet and took a bungee cord and connected it to the door hardware to keep the door open when traveling. No more problems.

Suggestion - you can get a length of 1/2" wooden dowl from Walmart. Cut it a fraction longer than thevwidth of the open door. When traveling, insert the dowl between the door post and the door and press it into place. That should secure it nicely for travel.
gilhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvBill3 View Post

Hello

How i can contact direct with FR ? They doesnt have contact info and sent you to dealer only. Closest dealer to me, only Lazy Days, but i never will visit those ******* again. First time after i asked them to replace all my coolant clamp, they were very rusty, and after 30 miles i lost my coolant again. When we returned back, they told me some crap about transmission problem and this is why it must be removed. They scary me and local cummins dealer fix problem just in two hours. lazy days never changed upper clump and never even opened engine cover in bedroom. Next story was happens this year in middle of my trip to Yosemite, close to nothing and sure it was 4th July, oil filter wasn't tight enough and we lost 50% of oil. So i dont will spend a singe dime with those bustards any more.

Is any one know how to order parts direct from FR ?
SpiderGW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:10 AM   #7
Commercial Member

574-206-7600 is the main service line.

Might get a quicker response from SEA (Shower Enclosures America) however. With the Rally this week and the follow up, those guys are going to be swamped for a couple of weeks.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
574-206-7600 is the main service line.

Might get a quicker response from SEA (Shower Enclosures America) however. With the Rally this week and the follow up, those guys are going to be swamped for a couple of weeks.
Thanks you very much.

This latch not for shower, those latches for water tank storage compartment, I lost all of them.
Old 08-07-2014, 01:27 PM   #9
Commercial Member

Just to clarify, the number I listed is for Motorhome parts as this is a motorhome sub-forum.

I only mention that, because I don't know what a "water tank storage compartment" latch is?

Old 08-07-2014, 03:23 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Just to clarify, the number I listed is for Motorhome parts as this is a motorhome sub-forum.
Sure, this is Motorhome Forest River Bergshire 2008

Quote:
I only mention that, because I don't know what a "water tank storage compartment" latch is?
On the right side, just before rear axle, I have door, look like normal storage compartment, only without any handle or looks. If you will check on the bottom, you will find latch this style

It was two those latches and two latch keepers, I lost two latch keepers and one latch. So for now this door is open. behind this door is located sewer tanks, black and gray and normal water tank, water pump and etc.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:31 PM   #11
Commercial Member

Ah...not sure what that is. But if that number doesn't work, they should be able to direct you to the right one.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:04 AM   #12

Same issue with Prism 2150LE

Drove my brand new 2015 Prism 2150LE down a bumpy road this weekend. Latch was definitely in place before starting and broke off while driving. Very disappointing this is still the case after such a long time since the initial incidents.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	broken latch 1.jpg
Views:	820
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	81822   Click image for larger version

Name:	broken latch 2.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	257.5 KB
ID:	81823  
MikeBr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 11:44 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBr View Post
Drove my brand new 2015 Prism 2150LE down a bumpy road this weekend. Latch was definitely in place before starting and broke off while driving. Very disappointing this is still the case after such a long time since the initial incidents.
If you latch is the same as mine (which it looks like it is) it just pops back on. The hook part has a slot on it that pops on to the retainer.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:40 PM   #14

I appreciate the response but unfortunately it is a true break. I added a better photo of the broken off section.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	broken latch 3.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	81833  
Old 07-01-2015, 07:57 PM   #15

Shower door latch

MikeBr - that's exactly what ours did too. See my post on page 1 of this thread. I was able to obtain a replacement from both FR and the shower door enclosure manufacturer. And to keep this from happening again, we keep a little rolled up piece of duct tape in the small 1/2" gap between the shower door and the frame so that it doesn't rattle while we go down the road and break again. You could also use a piece of foam or something else soft to keep the door from banging into the frame.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:30 PM   #16

Thanks

I contacted the shower door manufacturer but have not heard back from them. I will try putting something in the crack when i get it fixed.
Old 07-09-2015, 12:37 PM   #17

Anybody having issues with the magnetic strip sliding down the shower door so that a small piece ends up breaking when the door is opened after a trip?

I'm going to try and get it moved back up within the track in the door so I can put either a small screw of some silicone to prevent it from continuing to drop down.

cobiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, show, shower