Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2015, 03:40 PM   #1
Karen, Pete & Chloe Kat

2015 Solera 24 R Challenges

first some good news regarding our just delivered 24 R: it has the thicker Hellwig sway bar standard; second it has new locking latches on all the external compartments (except propane and sewer valves); also, the LED lighting is really nice.

challenge one: the black hose storage compartment doesn't accept the Rhino sewer hose ( probably will also not fit in 4" diameter plastic pipe. Someone mentioned the 5" hollow white plastic fence post might be an answer.

challenge two: the shore power connection does not enter a convenient place insde RV that will accept the Progressive Dynamics elrctrical management system (surge and over/under voltage protection) device.

third: the sewer drain fitting exits the RV through a large plastic closeable fitting.
i'm sure that we can solve these given the talented folks o this Blog.
Anyone come accross these? Have any ideas?
sanpedroflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 06:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanpedroflyer View Post
first some good news regarding our just delivered 24 R: it has the thicker Hellwig sway bar standard; second it has new locking latches on all the external compartments (except propane and sewer valves); also, the LED lighting is really nice.

challenge one: the black hose storage compartment doesn't accept the Rhino sewer hose ( probably will also not fit in 4" diameter plastic pipe. Someone mentioned the 5" hollow white plastic fence post might be an answer.

challenge two: the shore power connection does not enter a convenient place insde RV that will accept the Progressive Dynamics elrctrical management system (surge and over/under voltage protection) device.

third: the sewer drain fitting exits the RV through a large plastic closeable fitting.
I have a 2014 24R and stow my black tank hose in the valve compartment. I just stuff it above and below the valves.

I use the portable surge protector and connect it to the power post.

I remove the large plastic cover in the bottom of the sewer compartment and route the hose up through it and connect to the valve. I see that the fittings on the Rhino hose are larger than mine. Can you not route it straight out the compartment and just not latch the door. I know that there are not any 90 elbows that will fit to the valve that I could find.
Old 07-11-2015, 06:57 PM   #3

In regards to the sewer connection I found that a 45 degree ell allowed me to run the sewer line out the bottom of the compartment. Neither a straight connection or 90 degree would work for me.

I have a Rhino hose also. I purchased a plastic storage bin and seal the hose and fittings inside of it and place it in one of the RV's compartments. Not the best way but it works.

2014 24R
Eric99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 06:45 AM   #4

Challenge 2: surge protector fits/installs nicely behind distribution center

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f191/hardwired-surge-protector-82035.html
HossHogRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:14 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric99 View Post
In regards to the sewer connection I found that a 45 degree ell allowed me to run the sewer line out the bottom of the compartment. Neither a straight connection or 90 degree would work for me.

I have a Rhino hose also. I purchased a plastic storage bin and seal the hose and fittings inside of it and place it in one of the RV's compartments. Not the best way but it works.

2014 24R
My dealer showed me that the sewer discharge fitting on the RV itself (the fitting downstream of the drain handles that you attach your hose to) will swivel. Finding that out certainly made it easier to hook up the hose.
barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 08:00 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanpedroflyer View Post

these slinky-type flex hoses are just right to solve this problem on our new Forester MBS 2401R.

Dominator 2ā€™ Compartment Hose - Valterra D04-0202 - Sewer Hoses - Camping World

or the amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003YJJJMY/...mpartment+hose
jdyson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solera