Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-27-2020, 10:33 AM   #41
Herschel

2015 Solera 24R New Owner Observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJordan View Post
I always thought this approach cumbersome because you end up with a third item that needs to be stashed somewhere around your campsite. Other than that, it might well be a viable option. The one you referenced appears to me to have a capacity right at the weight of your car and doesn't appear to have brakes, which I consider a necessity when towing with a Sprinter chassis - the combined weight of the car and dolly is something like a third of the weight of the motorhome itself. Anyway, here's one with a higher capacity, and brakes, for not a whole lot more money:
https://www.campingworld.com/roadmas...B&gclsrc=aw.ds
Good points. All in all, unless I wanted to trade automobiles, too, a new pickup with more towing capability and staying put with my TT seems like the most common sense solution today. We'll just have to see. Anyway, thanks for your input, Solera owners.
Puma26RLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 08:02 PM   #42

I get about the same mpg I’m sure it would do better if I slowed down Question do you know where the fresh water drain is. I can’t seem to find it
Ford Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 10:15 PM   #43

The fresh water drain on the 24R is in the fresh water pump/tank compartment. Open the dropdown door to access the pump and the valve is just inside. Drains out near the spare tire rake.
Old 12-16-2020, 08:25 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikegjax View Post
The fresh water drain on the 24R is in the fresh water pump/tank compartment. Open the dropdown door to access the pump and the valve is just inside. Drains out near the spare tire rake.
Also low point drains under the kitchen sink near the main entry stairs.

Tags
solera