Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2024, 10:38 AM   #1

2016 Solera Side Camera/Cable Replacement

My passenger side camera cable has failed. The failure was intermittent, then total outage. Thorough troubleshooting of the multiplexer (switcher), swapping cable sources and visual inspections has pointed to a cable failure between the 5-pin to 4-pin multiplexer adapter and the camera. Since the camera is hardwired to the cable, I'm looking for a replacement source for the camera/cable assembly (please see attached pics of the camera itself, the camera backside and the 4-pin connector that plugs into the adapter). Any suggestions sincerely appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4377.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	297058   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4404.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	297059   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4386.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	297060  
Scarecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2024, 02:14 PM   #2

RVS Has Replacement Cameras

After being advised on the phone by an RVS customer service agent that my only alternative was to replace my entire 3-camera system, I have now learned that replacement cameras can be ordered on their website.
Scarecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2024, 03:07 AM   #3
2012 Solera

On my 2012 Solera, I used “standard” 12 volt backup camera from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I found an RVS manual for the multiplexer in mine online. Mine uses a 5 pin connection to the multiplexer - I see yours is a four pin cable. The manual identified the multiplexer pins. I tapped into the video terminal and connected an RCA style connector to that pin and to multiplexer ground. Connected camera power lead to the multiplexer 12 volt pin. Works quite well - picture is much better than the OEM camera.

FYI, Jim
JLeising is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, camera, replacement, solera