Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2014, 07:24 PM   #1

adjusting slideout

We keep having problems with the slide out. The dealer keeps telling us it's fixed but a week later it again won't go in correctly.
Has anyone else had problems with the slideout on their 24S? Did the factory get involved? Our mh is going to storage for the next sixty days while we are overseas so I am hopeful that the dealer and Forest River can figure out the problem before our return and we can take it in and get it fixed correctly the next time.
We are experienced RVers and we are having a hard time understanding the blame game.

If anyone has experienced their room nor lining up and making horrible noises when it comes in and have a fix it will be greatly appreciated.

Dave
Part time
2012-present
groupleaderpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 07:51 PM   #2

Sounds like a tooth or two missing on one of the rack and pinion gears under the slide. Been there done that on our 2014 8289WS 5th wheel.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:48 PM   #3

Had our 24s for 2 years now
Slide goes out slowly but no strange noises

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 07:39 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by groupleaderpj View Post
We keep having problems with the slide out.

If anyone has experienced their room nor lining up and making horrible noises when it comes in and have a fix it will be greatly appreciated.

Dave
Try taking it to another dealer in your area, since they have had several cracks at it, and have decided to give you the run around.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 05:17 PM   #5
2012 Solera

On our 2012 Solera "S", I believe the slideout is the "Lippert Flush Floor". Info from Lippert: http://dutchmen.com/image/data/docum...Manual-Web.pdf
We had a major issue early with ours - the motor mount broke off the frame of the coach. This was on about the fifth use after we received our Motorhome. I had asked the dealer twice before delivery to correct it's poor action - which he attributed first to low batteries and second to insufficient lubrication.
The mechanism is fairly simple and straightforward. the motor and connecting rods are visible from under the vehicle through the propane compartmenmt (motor is mounted above the propane regulator) and from the compartment behind the propane compartment.
I found an independent RV shop local to me that re-welded the motor mount and set up the slideout. It has worked flawlessly since that repair. Forest River pre-approved my use of an independent and reimbursed.
If you type "Solera slideout" in the search box you will find many entries.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 06:20 PM   #6
2015 Solera 24R

Just returned from our maiden voyage returning with our new 2015 Solera 24R. The dinette made quite a racket squeeking on every bump! I'm getting it in asap to be fixed at under warranty.

Anyone else experienced very loud squeeking in this location?

Top, rear corner. Nothing we did during the trip would quiet it. Wow!

Just looking for a quiet ride on the new rig.

Borrowing from Janis Joplin's "Me and Bobby McGee": Freedom is just another word for... RVing in a Solera.
RVing555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:01 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVing555 View Post
Just returned from our maiden voyage returning with our new 2015 Solera 24R. The dinette made quite a racket squeeking on every bump! I'm getting it in asap to be fixed at under warranty.

Anyone else experienced very loud squeeking in this location?

Top, rear corner. Nothing we did during the trip would quiet it. Wow!

Just looking for a quiet ride on the new rig.
Try applying a good quality silicone to the entire rubber seal and the corresponding contact point, to allow for slipage during travel. Let us know if it cures the squeek.
Still Kickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:08 AM   #8
2015 Solera 24R

Still kickin: Thanks for the idea. Since this is a new rig and still covered by warranty, I'll see what the the dealer does about it. I'll post the details here on what they did about it when I do get it fixed. I'm waiting my turn to get it in right now.

Borrowing from Janis Joplin's "Me and Bobby McGee": Freedom is just another word for... RVing in a Solera.
RVing555 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out