Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #1

Brought Solera home today

Drove our new 24R home today. Picked it up in Orlando after completing the PDI. Very nice young man (Nathan) went through everything with us and was most helpful. There are at this point only a couple of warranty issues that will need to be addressed by FR. The position of of the rear camera mount seems to be a design flaw. The awning for the rear slide out covers a fair amount of the camera lens and prevents close viewing of the area near the rear of the coach. The other items are not big deals. The Solera handles rides, and performs very well and I believe is a good choice. Now for just getting on the road and enjoying.
Mikegjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:58 PM   #2

Congrats! I'm sure you will enjoy it.
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #3

Congrats also. We just brought home our new 24R today also. Hubby says he will enjoy driving a smaller unit. We have in the past 30 years had from a 27' to a 40'. My mind is working out how to make and unmake the bed.....grin. To quote you all, now to get out on the road.
embrquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #4

Congrats X2. Seems quite a few people downsize to a Solera. Hope you all enjoy yours as much as we do!
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #5

Congrats to both of you, if you have the same luck with yours as we've had with ours your going to enjoy it completely. Just be careful of this forum it does cause you to spend more money on things you'll just have to have. Good luck!
Old 09-16-2013, 04:11 PM   #6

Congrats! We love our Solera 24R too! We have had for 6 months and have put 15000 miles on it. A real pleasure to drive. So far we have had only two "warranty" items. A kink in the city water hose that prevented use and a leaking winterizing valve. I repaired both rather than going to the dealer. This forum has been a great source of information.
Luvnlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #7

Wow, that is a lot of miles and glad to hear that it is a pleasure to drive. Since you have spend so much time in it perhaps you can give me a hint as to how to make up the bed and still be able to close in the bed slide.....grin. I am thinking sheet straps to hold the pad and bottom sheet on the top and bottom. Thanks for your input.

Ann & Michael Mola
embrquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:28 AM   #8

Hi Mikegjax, we bought a mattress topper that has strong elastic. As you know when the slide comes in, the top mattress half should slide over the bottom. When operating the slide push your body against the bottom mattress to hold in place. The top with bedding should slide up and over. When slide is out just push the top mattress with bedding into place. Sometimes we adjust the bottom half to remove the "lump" where the two halves join.

Enjoy
Luvnlife is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solera