Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2012, 03:55 PM   #1

Child Car Seat Installed in Dinette

Picking up new (to me) 2011 Solera today and I'm still not exactly sure how or what type of car seat to install for my 2 year old son. I will install in forward facing seat at dinette. I would assume the table needs to be removed or lowered to accomodate, and i attached to existing seatbelts (which i noticed were attached to steal frame). Any solution or tips would be appreciated. Thanks to all of you out there helping out the rookies.
sradaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #2

Car seat

We lower the table as its the only way our son fits with the seat. We got a britax seat in there and it works great. Our son is 7 so we have the largest one they make I beleive that still has a 5 point harness.

Tightening the belt was a learning excerise the first time. We learned we had to connect the seat beat behind the front fabric and tighten the belt snuggly. I think you will understand when you go to do it. But it all works good an is comfortable and tightly installed.

We then disconnect and store the seat in the outside storage and put the table up if we are staying someplace more than 1 night. Otherwise it's a bit of pain.
jeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
2012 Solera

Warning! Be sure and use wedge braces to prevent the slide from accidently poping out while your going down the road.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #4

im looking for same thing, so lowering the table is the best option? i have 7 years old and 3 years old.. on long drive they are having hard time sleeping .. is there slimmer car seat booster? can fit without lowering the table
smggsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
Warning! Be sure and use wedge braces to prevent the slide from accidently poping out while your going down the road.
Can you explain this process a bit more? Sounds like something i will want to do for sure! What exactly do you use as a wedge brace and where does it go?
sradaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #6
2012 Solera

Quote:
Originally Posted by sradaich View Post
Can you explain this process a bit more? Sounds like something i will want to do for sure! What exactly do you use as a wedge brace and where does it go?
As you can see, what i called a wedge brace fits between the coach wall and the back of the slide out flange , one on each side. Two of these were provided with my 2012 but i'm sure they can be found at an RV store. A good 2x4 cut to the right size will work as well.
Be careful to remove them before you attempt to put the slide out!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0939.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	16292  
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
As you can see, what i called a wedge brace fits between the coach wall and the back of the slide out flange , one on each side. Two of these were provided with my 2012 but i'm sure they can be found at an RV store. A good 2x4 cut to the right size will work as well.
Be careful to remove them before you attempt to put the slide out!!!
are you talking about this white bar ? i have 2 of those in my rv dont know where they go i thought they are for cloth hanging

where excactly this picture location
smggsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:48 AM   #8

Learn something everyday on the forum!!!! I didn't know what the braces were for either!!!!
Thanks for the info, that makes sense ( their use)
mckirby50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:00 PM   #9
Anacortesians

I would strongly recommend putting the car-seat in the aft-facing dinette seat. It would add the structural integrity of the dinette seat structure to that of the car seat. It might present logistical problems if the youngster can't see Momma!

I don't understand why all school buses don't have aft-facing seats. Most miltary transport airplanes that regularly carry passengers do. The addtional protection provided by the seat-back structure is a major benefit.