Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2020, 05:41 PM   #1
2012 Solera 24M

Dometic AC for 2013 Solera 24M

What is the style for this AC unit? So I can replace filter, and get a manual. It runs well, and then it shuts down and then starts again in a few seconds. Is that what is supposed to happen? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
TIDBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 05:48 PM   #2
FLY4FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIDBIT View Post
What is the style for this AC unit? So I can replace filter, and get a manual. It runs well, and then it shuts down and then starts again in a few seconds. Is that what is supposed to happen? Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
...don't know style ("Model"?), but you might remove the ceiling panel...maybe just the part that may house the filter & get the #s that should be inside. RE the "shut down/re-start" -- yes, IF you have the touch (true) thermostat and if it's programmed for "auto". Sorry I can't offer more detail -- maybe someone is nearby who'll have a Solera like yours & can answer soon.
14apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:00 PM   #3

Don't know your model but typically a Dometic will stop momentarily and revert to low fan speed when within about 4º of set temp with fan set to AUTO (AU).
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 07:16 AM   #4

Remove filter cover and filter. The unit tag is in the area above the filter.

As far as the cycling, change the thermostat setting one or two degrees in either direction. That should take care of the cycling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIDBIT View Post
Thank you
Old 09-24-2020, 01:29 PM   #5

I would also be interested to hear if anyone has found a solution to the cycling on and off problem. We seldom run our ac at night because it is constantly turning on and off. It's very annoying! I was about to try a different thermostat, but not sure that will help.
dnorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:57 PM   #6

As far as the cycling, change the thermostat setting one or two degrees in either direction. That should take care of the cycling. I have had the cycling problem and solved it with the temp setting change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnorem View Post
I would also be interested to hear if anyone has found a solution to the cycling on and off problem. We seldom run our ac at night because it is constantly turning on and off. It's very annoying! I was about to try a different thermostat, but not sure that will help.
Old 09-24-2020, 04:04 PM   #7

Thermostat on the wall or a knob on the air box?
almcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:14 PM   #8

mine is on the wall.
dnorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:17 PM   #9

Temperature control on the right side ?
Old 09-24-2020, 04:21 PM   #10

If you are asking me; thermostat on the wall. One more thing that can affect cycling is having a ceiling ac vent pointing toward the thermostat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by almcguire View Post
Thermostat on the wall or a knob on the air box?
Old 09-24-2020, 05:23 PM   #11

The control on the thermostat is it a slide. Does the thermostat have any lights (led).
Old 09-26-2020, 03:39 PM   #12

The cycling on and off was continually waking me during the night. I merely changed the fan setting from auto to low and/or high and it acts during the night as white noise. The AC cycles on and off as usual, but because the fan is constantly on, it is not noticeable.
thecambridgegroup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 03:57 PM   #13

Check the freeze sensor , located in the evap coils above filter make sure it in place and also that the intake is sealed well from the output side
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, dometic, solera