Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2020, 07:58 AM   #1

Dumb newbie questions :)

Hi all! Finally getting to pick up my 2015 Solera 24S, which I bought in February. I’m completely new to RVing and I’m sure I will have a lot of questions, but I’ll start with a really simple one: how/where do you hook up city water? I don’t see anything labeled “city water connection” like most of the videos I’ve seen.
Old 07-15-2020, 08:09 AM   #2

LeaF, look in the rear compartment on the drivers side. Fresh water hook up is closest to the back of the rig.
CharSolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:59 AM   #3

Thanks! Found it!
Old 07-15-2020, 10:23 AM   #4

So I should turn the pump off when connected to city water, yes?
Old 07-15-2020, 10:56 AM   #5
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeF View Post
So I should turn the pump off when connected to city water, yes?
Yes, running the water pump while connected to city water has caused many problems.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 12:06 PM   #6

Cool. Okay, next silly question: there’s a white light on the outside rear drivers side. What’s that for and how does one turn it off?
Old 07-15-2020, 12:15 PM   #7
OldSoldiers

Questions

Quote:
Cool. Okay, next silly question: there’s a white light on the outside rear driver's side. What’s that for and how does one turn it off?
It might help everyone if you include a picture of the objects you are talking about. Lets those who are not familiar with your specific rig participate in helping you based on their knowledge too.
OldSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 12:44 PM   #8
2012 Solera

So called “Scare Light”. To illuminate side of RV. Switch is on the bottom of the panel that includes the tank/battery/lp indicators.
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 12:47 PM   #9

From a 1year owner (still a newbie!) to any newbie: read your owner's manual, then read it again. Then try everything out on a short trip (not more than a day's travel from home) with a couple of nights stay. Then come home and read the manual(s) again. Then start spending money on must have add-ons and start have fun! Good luck and enjoy your new toy.
The2002Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 12:51 PM   #10

New Owners Clinic

Lee,

I was helped greatly by attending a new owners clinic hosted by my dealership in SE PA.

There may be one near you. Happy Trails!

2014 Sunseeker 3050s
2011 Ford Fiesta
RBotr01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 12:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Cool. Okay, next silly question: there’s a white light on the outside rear drivers side. What’s that for and how does one turn it off?
Lights up the left side of the RV. Good for hooking/unhooking at campsites in the dark.

Switch located with others near the water pump and water heater
switches.
Old 07-15-2020, 01:01 PM   #12

Good advice. Especially about a short "get familiar" trip. If you bought it from a dealer. Find a campground as close as possible to the dealer.

Good Luck and have fun!
U.S.ArmyVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 01:20 PM   #13

We had the same problem. Our dealer found there was a kink in the water line between the fresh water tank and the pump. They had to drop the belly and fix the kink. Everything works great now!
Hucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 01:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2002Wanderer View Post
From a 1year owner (still a newbie!) to any newbie: read your owner's manual, then read it again. Then try everything out on a short trip (not more than a day's travel from home) with a couple of nights stay. Then come home and read the manual(s) again. Then start spending money on must have add-ons and start have fun! Good luck and enjoy your new toy.
I agree! Good advice! I sat in my hot TT at the storage lot for a half a day reading and looking. Still had questions! Reviewed my videos I took while getting my walk through from the dealer. Took it for a quick local trip, read more. Found this site and love reading it.
SeabrooksFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 01:35 PM   #15

It's a learning curve!

We just bought a 2015 Solera 24s a couple of weeks ago. I read the manuals, check it out and I google everything. The documentation doesn't always explain things well and the previous owner did a great demonstration, but he didn't use the coach much at all. Mostly day trips for art shows. Just keep asking questions as these members are very helpful. Happy camping!
TeriTheFinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 03:06 PM   #16

Quote:
Hi all! Finally getting to pick up my 2015 Solera 24S, which I bought in February. I’m completely new to RVing and I’m sure I will have a lot of questions, but I’ll start with a really simple one: how/where do you hook up city water? I don’t see anything labeled “city water connection” like most of the videos I’ve seen.
Hi Lee and welcome, I received tons of help and support from the members of this forum and am very grateful for it. Remember: "The only Dumb Question is the one that isn't asked". You are in for quite an adventure, Mod Everything!

USN-RET/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 03:19 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The2002Wanderer View Post

Remember, everyone here was at one time a "newbie" no matter how many years they've been RV'ing.

Also fact, just about everyone learns something new as they go about their camping.

Ask away. Someone here will have an answer and others will learn from that answer too.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 04:58 PM   #18

Did you not get a walk through from the dealer or person you bought it from? If not they should have done this just to help you out a little. You could call them and ask them to do a walk through to help you out. I would do this and ask for some help. Before I forget CONGRATULATIONS on your rig. You will get a lot of help here also.
Hamerjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 05:30 PM   #19

Just a hint about the walk through at the dealer

Hey everybody, when we had our walk through I did not want to forget anything , and I am horribly forgetful. I took a voice recorder with me and told the gentleman that I was recording the whole thing and I would not hold him to it. I still go back to that at times just for reference sake. Use your cellphone to record it. It's very helpful. There's a lot of information given in a short time. They do this all the time but the new one on the block will only get to see it once , so record it.
bobstepsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:54 PM   #20

They gave me something of a walk through at the dealer, but not much. To be honest I wasn’t expecting much - they are a gigantic dealer and they are overworked and under-staffed relative to how many RVs they are selling. And they don’t know much about this specific rig. I am good at Googling and reading owners manuals but I’m also completely new to RVing and there is a lot to remember and even more that no one showed me and the documentation isn’t clear.

Also, the dealer is in Texas and I live in Georgia. I’ve already left the area. I stayed last night at their free “campground” and they showed me a few things this morning, but I still have a LOT of questions and a few issues and am having to learn as I go.

Tags