Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
Stay Classy San Diego

First Trip Home From the Dealer and First Question!

Here it is!

After a lengthy but excellent PDI, I got behind the wheel for the first time (we never had a chance to test drive it!) and drove the 20+ miles home no problem. I was white knuckling it at first but relaxed after a semi went by me on the other side, on top of a high bridge and I survived

I am so impressed with the fit and finish of this unit. There were only a few minor problems, and they really had nothing to do with Forest River. The little knob over the A-B-All speaker switch was stripped and will be replaced but can still be turned by hand. The radio is way wonky (does not like to go to the 'Home' screen, will not sync with my phone's blue tooth, and a few other details, so will be swapped out. Dealer threw in an extra Fantastic Fan, which we wanted in the bathroom but was installed in the kitchen area, so they will install another no charge. So we will have THREE fantastic fans in our little house!

Here is my question. We have the Solera with the murphy bed. When the bed is up ie, a 'wall' behind the recliners, there are two photos.

Take a closer look!

One of the photos has slipped down in the frame. Sound like an easy fix? Several techs looked at it, and there is NO way to get to these photos! It was finally decided that the picture frames were screwed to the front from the back, before the final 'back' piece of plywood was attached, therefore 'sandwiching' in the screws. I will either just tape my own pictures right over both of them, or use an exacto blade to slice the very bottom edge - which is thankfully plastic and NOT glass - and pull the photos out from the bottom. And not to hurt anyone's feelings, but the pictures are awful LOL! They look like scary dead trees along a driveway to someplace haunted.

If anyone has any better idea of how to tackle this please let me know. I am so happy that so far, this is my biggest issue!

We have an electrician coming over today to put in a new outlet for it in the garage. The tech stressed many times, to NOT run the air if we have to use the adapter on the plug, so that is being taken care of. We did run the air on the genny and it worked great.

Thanks again to Forest River, and our dealer RVDirect Buffalo. We are very satisfied customers and look forward to many happy years with our Solera.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:46 AM   #2

Just wondering..something new to me. The way I understand it, this wall folds down? I wonder how the plywood is attached when it is down. Evidently when this was manufactured they installed the whole unit as one piece. Hey...used to work on aircraft for 30 plus years...I know what they do in manufacturing and forget about how the poor guy who works on it is going to fix a problem.
Mark and Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
Stay Classy San Diego

The wall comes down and is the frame for the bed. Hopefully these photos will clarify it a bit.
Bed down

Another

Finished back (bottom?) of bed. Those pictures frames are now flat on top of the 'laying flat down' recliners.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:09 AM   #4

congrats on RV. We love ours.

papap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #5
2012 Solera

Who makes Recliner?

We were having thoughts of replacing the bench/table with a double recliner w/arm trays. Does anyone know who makes the recliner installed in the M coach.
Is there an issue with removing the benches and table? The dimension looks like a tight 68 inch. width. So would a standard 68 " double recliner fit?
Any thoughts?

PS: nice coach, good luck with the pictures.
JamesR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 07:26 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Those are custom power recliners build by Williamsburg Furniture. They are designed to support the weight of the bed (there are solid style 2nd arms).

I'll also look into how to replace that picture

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #7
Stay Classy San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I'll also look into how to replace that picture
Thanks! If I knew how that wall/bed back was put together it would help.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Should get some info on Monday.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:55 AM   #9
Coachmen Adrenaline

Those pictures are actually attached to the bed with some very strong double stick tape. You just have to give some strong, constant pressure and they should eventually come off.
jamiller45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:14 AM   #10
Stay Classy San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiller45 View Post
Those pictures are actually attached to the bed with some very strong double stick tape. You just have to give some strong, constant pressure and they should eventually come off.
Thanks I'll try that! I would never have guessed that btw. I'll report back on how I make out. I may not be brave enough to mess with it for a while. I'll need to try and wedge something behind it to get it started and I don't want to scratch anything.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #11
Commercial Member

What works on car emblems is "fishing line" and a hair dryer.

Run the fishing line behind like a little saw.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:33 AM   #12
Stay Classy San Diego

Great idea!! Thanks!
Old 09-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #13
Stay Classy San Diego

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
What works on car emblems is "fishing line" and a hair dryer.

Run the fishing line behind like a little saw.
Thanks that worked GREAT! Once I got it started with the fishing line, the frames 'peeled' right off. The wall looks so neat and clean I may leave them right off. Plus, we noticed the frames leave a very faint outline on the recliners and we'd like to avoid that. Thank you for solving our mystery