Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2013, 08:29 AM   #1

First trip in new Solera

Just returned home from our first weekend trip. Everything went Great!

Just wanted to let everyone know that we used a few tips that were here on the forum and it made everything go smoothly.

The best tip was the Murphy bed tip to help it down by just holding the bed when it goes down. That stopped the noise and made a smooth decent.

The GPS started working after e-mailing tech support at Magnadyne. It was a simple fix of the exe command starting it up.

We throughly enjoyed the Solera. Happy Camping!
Marque74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:36 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque74 View Post

Just wanted to let everyone know that we used a few tips that were here on the forum and it made everything go smoothly.

The best tip was the Murphy bed tip to help it down by just holding the bed when it goes down. That stopped the noise and made a smooth decent.

The GPS started working after e-mailing tech support at Magnadyne. It was a simple fix of the exe command starting it up.

And it gets better and better. Wait til you take your first LONG trip - you'll really appreciate the Solera. Do suggest the Hellwig upgrade, though. Congrats on the new rig.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:48 AM   #3

The sway bars? Do they really stop the movement from the passing trucks? My husband doesn't think they will. We are getting a brake installed to tow our Jeep. Does the sway bar help with that as well? We didn't tow anything this weekend.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:10 AM   #4

Quote:
The sway bars? Do they really stop the movement from the passing trucks? My husband doesn't think they will. We are getting a brake installed to tow our Jeep. Does the sway bar help with that as well? We didn't tow anything this weekend.
STOP IT? NO. Seriously reduce it - yes, and in many instances it's completely unnoticeable. There have been a bunch of us who have installed the Hellwig - all report a marked improvement in handling, in sway induced by passing trucks, steering on crowned roads, etc. It's a simple install, and relatively inexpensive. I can't speak to how it affects towing, but if your tow setup tends to have a "tail wagging the dog" effect, I would think it would help with that! I've never noticed a difference in handling (other than braking) when towing.

If you know someone with a Solera who has installed the Hellwig bar, see if you can drive theirs out on the highway and compare to yours without. You'll be surprised how much difference it makes!

Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 10:34 PM   #5

Marque, which brake system are you getting? We have to get one in the next two weeks before we head to Colorado. We just installed the sway bar and will be testing it this weekend on a short 100 mile trip to the lake.
mckirby50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 06:18 AM   #6

Glad you had a great first trip! We had our first "house guests" this past weekend as our son and daughter in law slept on the cab over. The Solera can handle four adults and two dogs! Enjoy getting to know your new "ride". 😃
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 07:57 AM   #7

We ordered SMI auto brake. That is what our RV repair man told us. There are only two we chose the Stay-In-Play DUO he recommended. Waiting for it to come in.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #8

Quote:

We also just completed a trip in our new 2013 Solera M. Did you have a problem with the left wardrobe door shutting off the bathroom light every time you open it? I guess I'll need to put some sort of stop at the top of the door so that it won't bump the light switch when it opens. Kind of seems like they should have put the switch in a different location. Maybe they fixed that in the 2014 model (before they stopped making them.)
Happy Kamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #9

Cool

We didn't have any problems with the light switch. I will have to check that out next time we are in it.

Tags
solera