Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #1

Generator and TV options on 2014 model

I've been talking to a couple sales people (a local dealership and RVDirect) about the 24R and I'm getting conflicting info about the TV and generator options. The printed brochure makes no mention of a diesel generator, but it's shown as an option on the Forest River Solera website. Also, both the brochure and website show a standard 26" flat panel 12 volt TV in the living room. Then as an option there is a 24" flat panel side 12 volt TV. A rep at RVDirect is telling me there is no standard TV and the option just adds a TV on a swing mount in the cab-over area. Does anyone know what is really available for TV and generator options?

By the way, love this forum. Just joined because it has great information.
sigmanr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #2

I got a2013 24R delivered in April - to my knowledge they stopped the Diesel option. The LP gen works great in my opinion!
TV: I omitted the Tv completely, mainly because I did not like it up high on the side. You get great 24inch TVs at Walmart between 160 - 200$, then I bought 2 mounts:
Amazon.com: VideoSecu TV Wall Mount Articulating Arm Bracket for VESA 100 LCD LED Flat Panel Screen TV and Monitor ML10B 1E9: Electronics
and 2 quick release brackets
Amazon.com: Ergotron Quick Release LCD Bracket (60-589-060): Electronics
one for the living room and one for the bedroom. Is a quick disconnect - so one TV is plenty..
The one in the living room I mounted where the ladder is stowed - low so I do not get a stiff neck when watching! It swings easily out and even in the "out" position you can get in and out of the coach.
Hans
Loefflerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 10:02 AM   #3

And to run my tv on 12 v (the Tv I got from Walmart uses a powerplug 110V to 19V) I use a converter:
LM2577 DC-DC Step Up Power Module 3.5-35V To 5-56V Boost Module Red Free Shipping! - US$4.80

Works flawless !
Old 11-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loefflerh View Post
And to run my tv on 12 v (the Tv I got from Walmart uses a powerplug 110V to 19V) I use a converter: LM2577 DC-DC Step Up Power Module 3.5-35V To 5-56V Boost Module Red Free Shipping! - US$4.80 Works flawless !
We tried that and it constantly went into low power mode as the wiring was to small.

Finally installed a fixed inverter and rewired the converter as it is on the same breaker. Then we even installed Satellite and we're happy.

With Solar we can watch TV from time to time and don't even need the generator...

Reiner
Old 11-06-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmanr View Post
I've been talking to a couple sales people (a local dealership and RVDirect) about the 24R and I'm getting conflicting info about the TV and generator options. The printed brochure makes no mention of a diesel generator, but it's shown as an option on the Forest River Solera website. Also, both the brochure and website show a standard 26" flat panel 12 volt TV in the living room. Then as an option there is a 24" flat panel side 12 volt TV. A rep at RVDirect is telling me there is no standard TV and the option just adds a TV on a swing mount in the cab-over area. Does anyone know what is really available for TV and generator options?

By the way, love this forum. Just joined because it has great information.
Diesel gen no longer available. No supply...for manufacturer.

The standard 26" flat panel says "(24MS ONLY)". that floor plan the TV was mounted in the cabinet areas and dropped down. All other units have a 24" LED Flat Screen TV (12V) option that comes on a swing arm. OR if you choose the front entertainment center, you get a 42" LED TV (110v).

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Diesel gen no longer available. No supply...for manufacturer.

The standard 26" flat panel says "(24MS ONLY)". that floor plan the TV was mounted in the cabinet areas and dropped down. All other units have a 24" LED Flat Screen TV (12V) option that comes on a swing arm. OR if you choose the front entertainment center, you get a 42" LED TV (110v).
When I saw the 24MS in the brochure I was thinking 24 millisecond response time on the TV. Thanks for clearing that up. Regarding the diesel generator, the guy at the dealership told me the only plant that made them was burned down as part of a worker strike. I can't recall what country he said it was.

Loefflerh, thanks for the TV idea. I don't like that front position either. I'll probably try something similar to what you did if I order a Solera.

Thanks for all of the replies.
sigmanr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #7

If you order a Solera (you won't regret) and need pictures let me know - I love my TV setup! BTW the 5$ inverter option works perfect, TV and a usb drive connected to it!
Hans
Old 11-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #8

My 2014 24R came with a 26" TV (measured diagonally) mounted on a swing arm. Works great.

Tags
generator