Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2017, 10:36 AM   #1

"GOODYEAR Wrangler HT Tires"

I am getting ready to pull the trigger on some tires. In talking to the Goodyear Commercial Truck Rep.-He recommends the Wrangler HT truck tire that UPS/FedEx are using locally here in Orlando. "Just asking"-if anyone on this site is using the subject tire and is it preforming well? He mentioned that the tire is 10 ply, where the Continental are six ply with both having two ply on the sides. Just looking for the "Best Option." Thanks in advance!!

CaptDan
2013 Solera
CaptDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:48 AM   #2

Personally I have never gotten decent mileage out of GoodYears.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 11:05 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDan View Post
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on some tires. In talking to the Goodyear Commercial Truck Rep.-He recommends the Wrangler HT truck tire that UPS/FedEx are using locally here in Orlando. "Just asking"-if anyone on this site is using the subject tire and is it preforming well? He mentioned that the tire is 10 ply, where the Continental are six ply with both having two ply on the sides. Just looking for the "Best Option." Thanks in advance!!

CaptDan
2013 Solera
Dan, I honestly would not expect any certain tire brand rep to give you unbiased advice. He is going to have a vested interest in trying to get everyone to purchase his companies brand of tires..... and my not be the most knowing or truthful about another companies tires.

Ply ratings are just that... a rating. A 10 ply rated (LR E) is most likely not going to have 10 actual plies in it, but a material that is equivalent to 10 cotton fiber plies (that's what a ply rating measures against).

Continental, as well as just about any manufacturer will produce 10 ply rated tires in common tire sizes.

I would recommend going to the tire rack website and enter your size in. Then you may can find lot's of tires that are of the 10 ply variety, and read reviews of each.

More reading on tire plies;

http://www.sttc.com/resources/tire-info/ply-rating

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires