Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2015, 10:32 AM   #1

Hitch Receiver Lock?

I'm about to add a tow bar to the back of my Solera and I'd like to be able to lock it to the hitch receiver. This is usually a trivial upgrade, but, looking at the receiver on my 2015 24R, I'm not sure that there's enough space between the 5/8" hole in the receiver and the tow chain attachment point plate. It looks like the hole is almost next to that slanted plate, with little or no space for a standard receiver lock.

I've attached a photo. It seems to me that the space between the hole and the plate is perhaps 0.25 to 0.30 ... and that's the plate, not the uneven welds holding the plate to the receiver. I'm not sure that's enough room for a locking pin where the lock is bigger around than the pin.

Has anyone used a locking pin with a receiver that looks like this?

Thanks!

Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2072.JPG
Views:	145
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	82189  
DaveJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:01 PM   #2

I have a couple different styles of locks, both fit with no problem. One is a barrel style, the other is rectangular. They're close fits, but don't worry about the weld, the pin should be long enough to clear it.
barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnbnb View Post
I have a couple different styles of locks, both fit with no problem. One is a barrel style, the other is rectangular. They're close fits, but don't worry about the weld, the pin should be long enough to clear it.
Thanks.

I got a barrel style lock and it seems to fit!

Dave
DaveJordan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch