Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #1

More questions for the experienced owners

I'm back with more questions.

1. if you order the extra battery can you get grp 27 into the compartment or do you nave to use grp 24s like so many other builders?

2. Can you or has anybody added an exhaust brake to their Sprinter?

3. Has anybody ordered the diesel generator in place of the propane? If you ordered the diesel how much of a cost difference was there for the upgrade?

Thanks for all of the help, We have been in Alaska and are on our way home after about 9 weeks. We have been in our slide in pickup camper for everyone of those nights. We are finding at our age it is getting harder getting into and out of the cab over bed. Not quite as agile as when I was 25. Also with having to get up at the very least once a night for a head call then you are awake the rest of the night by the time you crawl back into the cab over. We want to stay with a smaller unit as we have had the big diesel pushers and they are fine for the right users but that is not us. We are looking at taking a jaunt over to OK City, OK at a dealer there that has a MS model to see if we like it or not. We plan on driving one to see if it fits us or not. I'm very familiar with diesels as besides the diesel pusher I have had 6 diesel trucks.

Thanks,

Butch
butch50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch50 View Post
I'm back with more questions.

1. if you order the extra battery can you get grp 27 into the compartment or do you nave to use grp 24s like so many other builders?

2. Can you or has anybody added an exhaust brake to their Sprinter?

3. Has anybody ordered the diesel generator in place of the propane? If you ordered the diesel how much of a cost difference was there for the upgrade?

Thanks for all of the help, We have been in Alaska and are on our way home after about 9 weeks. We have been in our slide in pickup camper for everyone of those nights. We are finding at our age it is getting harder getting into and out of the cab over bed. Not quite as agile as when I was 25. Also with having to get up at the very least once a night for a head call then you are awake the rest of the night by the time you crawl back into the cab over. We want to stay with a smaller unit as we have had the big diesel pushers and they are fine for the right users but that is not us. We are looking at taking a jaunt over to OK City, OK at a dealer there that has a MS model to see if we like it or not. We plan on driving one to see if it fits us or not. I'm very familiar with diesels as besides the diesel pusher I have had 6 diesel trucks.

Thanks,

Butch
1. Two group 27s fit nicely.
2. Don't know of an exhaust brake for the MB diesel.
3. Diesel Gen is not currently available.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:51 PM   #3

NO DIESEL GENERATOR what kind of deal is that??????

Thanks for the reply.

ON EDIT: Thanks Ed for the info. I went looking and found a discussion on the diesel generators. I'm going to address a new post to Brian to see if there is any progress on the Pro-Tech generator testing and if it looks like it is going to be available in the future.
butch50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:00 AM   #4

Butch... Onan discontinued production of their diesels which I understand were made offshore. I dont think any RV is available with diesel at this point until Onan resumes production... They are the only ones who made a diesel that fit small RVs. Propane works fine, and you can install a great solar package for difference in cost of a diesel gen.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote