Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2014, 07:53 PM   #1

New 2014 Model 24R Problems

Just got home with the new 24R and already several problems. Regulator on propane tank is leaking out the vent bottom and lost most of a tank of propane.
Rear bedroom slide seals on driver side keep falling off and not sealing properly. Mentioned this to the dealer and on PDI all looked good but did not last as staples seem to pull out of the press board. Snaps at rear end of the mattress
but no place to snap them. Many sharp staples missed in cabinets leaving sharp points to cut and grab your hands. Many screws not screwed in completley and many more stripped. Will make a list and back to the dealers for repairs. Bad thing is it's a 5 hour drive. Love the Sprinter and drives and handles nice but starting to doubt Forest River Quality. Maybe should have spent more and gone with Winnebago. Time will tell but overall like the coach.

Thank You
BadBob
BadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:14 PM   #2
2018 FR3 30DS

Thanks for this information. I have a 24R on order. If you continue to find faults, please keep advising in this forum.
Our 24S has been and still is a good rv.
Slow_movin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:58 AM   #3

A new MH is like a new house - there will be issues. It takes a couple of trips to solve everything - and believe me, there is no difference between brands! I had a Winnie, I had a Jayco.....and I had a fair share of issues with my Solera, nothing major and less then expected....And you have FR customer service, and I have only the best experience with them.
Hans
Loefflerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 03:46 PM   #4
2015 Solera 24R

Thanks all. We pick up our ordered 2015 24R Solera in a little over a week. Thanks Loefflerh for the reminder that new RVs, regardless of brand will have problems in the beginning. I hope to have most or all of them found and fixed by the time the one year warranty has expired.

Borrowing from Janis Joplin's "Me and Bobby McGee": Freedom is just another word for... RVing in a Solera.
RVing555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 06:39 PM   #5

I have owned many RV units over the past 38 years both new and used. I agree they all have problems. Dealer had me take my 24R to a more local repair shop and they are going to handle the bill with FR. I cannot ask for anything more and am very happy with them. Pressure regulator was replaced and works as it should now. This was not a FR issue as regulator either works or does not. I will make a list of any other things I find wrong over the next few months and arrange with the dealer to have the repairs made. I feel this will be a great MH for us. Just now trying to find place for all the things we carried around in the fiver. We carried most of the stuff because we had the room. Will just carry less now and doubt we will miss all the stuff we don't take now.
Happy Camper
BadBob
BadBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:36 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Snaps are there from a previous design. Only the side snaps are used now.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:40 AM   #7

I have the same problem with my slide frame on the couch slide. The frame that seals against the inside when deployed are quite loose and rattle to beat the band while driving. The corner blocks fell off and have been reattached but not to my satisfaction. The wood trim has also fallen off. I'll be addressing these to FR since the dealer has done all it can do with them. I'll find out how good their customer service is.

My other experience with them was a good one in that they finally came through with the rear camera extension needed to get the camera out beyond the rollup canopy that covers the bed extension. I expect a similar performance on the couch slide frame.

Solera 24R - 2014
Life is Good - All is Well
richhop25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, modifications