Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #1

Noise in cab while driving

I own a 2010 forest river Solera on a 2008 Sprinter Chassis. I have three issues: #1 After a few Month of using my Rv I started to hear what sounds like a rotating noise in the cab and the noise got louder as i accelerated,this noise does not happen all the time and seems to be worst when it's cold outside. Any idea what going on? #2 when i apply the brakes the pedal goes all the way to almost the floor. Is this normal? #3 I get absolutely no AM Stations on my Radio (factory Radio). Both the noise and brake issues we taken up with the local Dodge Dealer and the Sprinter Tech. was unable to solve them. The Radio issue i took up with Forest River, still no help. can anyone help?
ajgasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
2018 FR3 30DS

Noise in cab

My 2011 Solera is in the Freightliner shop now for a brake problem. My brakes go almost to the floor and will pump up. I was told this morning that it had to do with the master cylinder. According to the service dpt spokesperson, Sprinter has strict guidelines for problem resolution on vehicles under warrenty; so, it may take longer for them to get my Solera back on the road.
I also hear a noise when accelerating and the speed is near 50 mph or so. I would also describe it as a rotating noise... just figured it was the quirky noise trucks have....Don't hear it after getting up to 55 or so.

Is your radio antenna connected properly?

Check your owners manuals for a help number and they may be able to tell you if you have to go to a Dodge repair shop. You might be able to use Mercedes as well.
Slow_movin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #3

noise in cab

Thanks for your input. My radio antenna has been checked and rechecked,according to radio installer,only solution is to install exterior antenna, which i refuse to do. Also the noise in the cab happens at all speeds on my RV.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:54 AM   #4

We do not hear the "rotating noise"; ours is an '09.

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:12 PM   #5

Noise in cab

Thanks for input, have decided to return RV to dealer and have them deal with this problem, tired of this noise !
Old 09-27-2011, 12:26 AM   #6

Cab noise and radio reception

I have a 2010 Solera and was baffled by the cab noise until I discovered that there is a speaker for the rear camera mounted in the rear view mirror. It was picking up wind noise as I drove the mh. Once I turned down the volume on the mirror, the noise stopped. Problem solved. Hope that helps you. I too am unable to get any AM radio reception and not much FM either. Where is the antenna located? I've thought about taking it to an auto stereo shop, but hate to replace a factory unit.
scarlton46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:29 AM   #7

I have the speakers in my '09 to, but I don't thing the camera picks up sound...but...I guess I should check LOL!

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:50 PM   #8

noise in cab

I 'll look into the camera speakers to see if that the problem but i don't think so. My radio antenna is now mounted on the windshield, the original one was located above the cab between the cab roof and the sleeping compartment.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:39 PM   #9

Noise in cab

Got my Solera back from the dealer today and they seem to have solved my problem regarding the noise i was hearing !!! They discovered a bad carrier bearing on the propeller shaft on the right front wheel. don't know what this means but it's fixed. It's over! thanks for your input.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:31 AM   #10

I had the same problem with the radio i.e. no reception. The dealer found the antenna was located between the cab roof and the overhang. It was also not grounded. The dealer had an audio store put an electronic antenna inside on the windshield. Works great and they didn't drill my fender for an outside antenna that would have led to rust.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by George
I had the same problem with the radio i.e. no reception. The dealer found the antenna was located between the cab roof and the overhang. It was also not grounded. The dealer had an audio store put an electronic antenna inside on the windshield. Works great and they didn't drill my fender for an outside antenna that would have led to rust.
I have the backup camera and it has a volume control, but I can't get any sound.
I guess the camera itself should have a mic ( haven't checked) right?
mckirby50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #12

We have the same backup camera system and have the volume turned all the way up but still get no sound! I guess the camera has a mic built in (haven't checked yet)

That would be nice to get working, but have lived without for a year.

No trouble with the radio, but do notice the brakes could feel firmer. We have a 2012 model and have nearly 7,000 miles on it now.

Really ready to get back on the road for a few trips. Next planned trip will be June, going to Panama City Fl ( St Andrews State Park). But will be hitting some closer lakes in Oklahoma till then.
mckirby50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Depending on the camera at one time we stopped powering the audio because even at low volume there was still noise. If you look underneath the driver side dash panel (you have to pull the panel down and the box is above the steering column area)...there should be a "multiplexer" (little silver box). If you hook the "blue" reverse wire up to that box it will power the audio in reverse.

This is assuming its the same model of course...but worth a try.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RVS Systems Rear View Camera RVS-770616N.pdf (495.3 KB, 42 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote