Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2016, 07:01 PM   #1

Non-Pressure Water Tank Fill

Every time I fill my water tank with the water hose with the Camco Water tank filler attached it seems that I am getting about half in the tank and half on the ground. Any Ideas, it seems that it should be easier with less waste.
Thanks. Randy B loving my 2015 Solera 24R.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:05 PM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Fill it slower.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:10 PM   #3

Take an old piece of hose without the male end on one side and hook that to the filter and the other end should fit in the fill hole.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by randycbarker View Post
Every time I fill my water tank with the water hose with the Camco Water tank filler attached it seems that I am getting about half in the tank and half on the ground. Any Ideas, it seems that it should be easier with less waste
I use a similar, but different, fill device. Mine has a cap which latches on to the threads of the tank fill port (so I don't have to stand there holding it in place.) Anyway, I get essentially no leakage unless I fill the tank to the top and water comes back up.

You say that half the water ends up on the ground. Where does it come from? Does it come from the Camco device (or the hose) itself? Does it come back up the fill port? Or is it leaking from the hose going from the fill port to the tank?

One item to consider is that they sometimes misplace a screw (or 10) while assembling the coach...I had an errant screw poke into the hose running from the fill port to the tank...but it didn't leak that much.

Anyway, a little observation on your part might help others figure out what's going on.

Dave
Old 05-25-2016, 07:18 PM   #5

I used to have the same problem. I found the routing of hose that connects the outside port to the tank had a slight uphill bend. Once I corrected that I had no more problems.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:59 PM   #6

Dave, the water comes back out the fill hole, and it leaks even at slow with low pressure. I will check the back side hose for any bends, this weekend. Thanks. TakeItEasy may have something.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:12 PM   #7

Put a hose and a valve from the pump output to the pump input. When you connect your city water, open it and it will fill your tank directly without using the gravity fill at all.

2015 335DS
ScottBrownstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:25 AM   #8
2012 Solera 24S

Quote:
Originally Posted by randycbarker View Post
Every time I fill my water tank with the water hose with the Camco Water tank filler attached it seems that I am getting about half in the tank and half on the ground. Any Ideas, it seems that it should be easier with less waste.
Thanks. Randy B loving my 2015 Solera 24R.
Check this post for a simple solution:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ion-59388.html
Nats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 12:06 PM   #9

overflow

Check the overflow line, had a wasp fill it with mud and almost blew up my tank!
tomward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 11:09 AM   #10

Slight variation on the subject: When connected to city water, IF I leave the interior control panel water pump switch in the ON position, my fresh tank fills, or I should say overfills, until it runs out the fill port! And many times after being hooked to city water, when I turn the pump on, it takes forever to pressurize the system. Don't know if this is normal.
As far as regular filling of the fresh tank, I have a 90 degree brass pressure regulator that I use for city water, but it also hangs nicely inside the fresh fill hole with no hose kink due to the angled fitting. I can use a wide open faucet to fill. It leaves enough room for air to escape. Venting may possibly be the issue.
barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:55 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnbnb View Post
Slight variation on the subject: When connected to city water, IF I leave the interior control panel water pump switch in the ON position, my fresh tank fills, or I should say overfills, until it runs out the fill port! And many times after being hooked to city water, when I turn the pump on, it takes forever to pressurize the system. Don't know if this is normal.
As far as regular filling of the fresh tank, I have a 90 degree brass pressure regulator that I use for city water, but it also hangs nicely inside the fresh fill hole with no hose kink due to the angled fitting. I can use a wide open faucet to fill. It leaves enough room for air to escape. Venting may possibly be the issue.
I had the same problem last year. Pump was bad.
Ogsarg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pressure, tank, water, water tank