Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2013, 08:27 AM   #21
Commercial Member

RVBill3 is correct. The metal antenna on the roof is for the outside stereo. The dash radio will use the Ford/Chevy chassis antenna.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #22

Spoke to someone at Magnadyne and he said that there is an issue with the backup camera affecting reception. I told him I am not going to disconnect my camera to have FM reception. He suggested reaching out to Forest River because they are well aware of this issue. Can someone from Forest River please chime in here? This is obviously an issue for many of us.
Lcblick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #23
Commercial Member

I know nothing about this...but I'll ask.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:31 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lcblick View Post
Spoke to someone at Magnadyne and he said that there is an issue with the backup camera affecting reception. I told him I am not going to disconnect my camera to have FM reception. He suggested reaching out to Forest River because they are well aware of this issue. Can someone from Forest River please chime in here? This is obviously an issue for many of us.
Haven't noticed this issue. When traveling with the toad, I leave the b/u camera on full time. and get good FM reception. I am of the impression the outside antenna on roof of our Soiera is for FM reception. I understand that on some rigs with the Concertone radio in coach area, that the outside antenna is for that receiver and the indash uses built-in loop antennas. That being the case I could understand an issue with interference. if you could get to the coax and install some ferrite beads it may help.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
RVBill3 is correct. The metal antenna on the roof is for the outside stereo. The dash radio will use the Ford/Chevy chassis antenna.
Huh? This is the Solera forum. Nary a US made chassis here! At least recently. And there is no "outside entertainment radio" on a Solera, so unless it's a fake antenna, the whip antenna above the passenger seat is connected to the radio in the dashboard.
Don Wills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:14 PM   #26

IMHO there is not much on radio worth listening to anyway. I can't see anything on that screen due to the glare and I don't like music so the CD player is worthless. I can't handle hassling on the phone with some manufactures call center.
So I bought a big screen Garmin that i can position any where in the cab i want and I love listing to the lady telling me where to go.
Petemoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #27

With all this said, how would I go about gathering any firmware/software updates for the M4?
Old 08-06-2013, 05:38 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
With all this said, how would I go about gathering any firmware/software updates for the M4?
Call Magnadyne at the number in the manual. I found them to be very helpful.