Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2021, 09:07 AM   #1

rainwater leak

I have a leak only when driving in the rain. It seems to run down the rear bed slide and pool on the inside floor at the front left edge of the bed. I think it is coming from spray thrown up by the passenger rear dually tires. The outside compartment in front of the tires also gets water in it. I'm only guessing about it running down the slide but the metal bottom is damp when this happens. Any advice on a fix or suggestions on how to diagnose the problem? Thanks!
Old 10-17-2021, 01:07 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karter View Post
I have a leak only when driving in the rain. It seems to run down the rear bed slide and pool on the inside floor at the front left edge of the bed. I think it is coming from spray thrown up by the passenger rear dually tires. The outside compartment in front of the tires also gets water in it. I'm only guessing about it running down the slide but the metal bottom is damp when this happens. Any advice on a fix or suggestions on how to diagnose the problem? Thanks!
If the water is some what dirty leaving a dirt stain I would agree with you if it's clean it is coming from some where else.
FordMastertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 07:22 PM   #3

The slide seals on my rear slide were pinched. The seal captured rain water and funneled it down the side of the slide. The water would run down the slide rails into the bedroom.

Tags
leak, water, water leak