Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #1

Resetting maintenence code on MB chasis

I found this post on another site on how to reset the maintenance code when it displays.
Please let me know if anyone has any luck. Seems it works on a 2011 MB as well per the comment at the end.

I just discovered how to re-set my assyst on my 2008 Sprinter by myself with no tools, etc. I have NO steering wheel buttons. 3.0 Diesel with 160,000 miles on it now. Here is the procedure. How to reset ASSYST on 2008+ Sprinter W/O steering wheel buttons

1. Doors shut, Turn key to on position. 2. Wait for reminder mileage to clear (few seconds) 3. Hold “0” button down until you hear beep. 4. Release “0”, push “M” button repeatedly until see reset ‘51’ 5. Release “M” button Press “0” button(6 seconds)until #2 displayed 6. Press “0” again briefly & see reset message. 7 This resets for 10,000 miles

Thanks for listening, It's taken me 4 years to get this information. Hope you can use it. Steve Jenner (jenner@flash.net)

I just tried this method on my 2011 3500 MB and it worked perfectly the first time.

Thanks for posting.

Gotta love the Internet!
2012WhiteSolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #2
2012 Solera

Worked on my 2012 Solera. Apparently my service center failed to reset when I had service performed at 9200 miles. Got warning while on a camping trip - glad I had this post to correct the issue! Of note, when I did this service indicator reset, the trip odometer also reset. Thanks for posting this procedure!
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:41 PM   #3

I also used the internet posting to reset the 10,000 mile service reminder on my 2012 Solera. Worked just fine. I change oil more often than 10,000 miles and want to utilize my regular dealer for service before long trips. Thank you.
l10222002 is offline   Reply With Quote