Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2014, 10:43 AM   #1
2018 FR3 30DS

Satellite connector on 2015 Solera 24R

On the 2015 Solera 24R, there two plates for tv connectivity. There is the standard wall plate with the 12volt outlet and the connector for the tv and also the booster switch. same old, same old. However, there is an additional plate alongside and it has two connectors with an rg6 coax cable connecting both connectors. Does anyone know anything about this type of configuration? We are hoping it will allow connectivity to our satellite dish. ????
Slow_movin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 03:07 PM   #2

one feeds off of booster, one goes back to rear bedroom & ties to outside jack on passenger side. that's how mine is wired on 2014 R. I can then lift rg6 and separate satellite from booster.
billwill67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:48 PM   #3
2018 FR3 30DS

Answer to my problem. I connected the dish to the outside cable connector and then disconnected the top of the "U" on the right panel...then connected the direct tv box to this top feed and immediately got a signal. What I think is this: That the "U" shaped connector connects the wire from the outside to the Winegard panel on the left which feeds the booster, etc. I may be wrong but it worked for me.
Slow_movin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:15 PM   #4

that sounds right. there is three connection on load side of booster. one land jack outside driver side, one front tv , and one to double jack. I just didn't want booster in line with my cable box in case I would forget to shut booster off. Unlike my other camper I can hardly see light. Booster and cable box are two different voltages and don't like each other.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:00 PM   #5
Commercial Member

It's a jumper.

Let's you connect park cable/satelite while bypassing the booster which seems to cause problems.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Satellite Connections.pdf (66.1 KB, 126 views)

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:19 PM   #6

I was all wet on that one

Tags
satellite, solera