Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2012, 09:49 AM   #21
Commercial Member

The manuals are printed by corporate. I think they try to encompass Class C's and Class A's (There is just a "Motorized" manual). It's one of the ways we control costs. If we had a dedicated person for the Class C division to do it, it would certainly be better. Someone mentioned the great manual that Pleasureway has.

Pleasureway Sprinter Base MSRP: $115k
Solera Sprinter Base MSRP: $91k (Over simplifying I know, but for $24k you can hire an intern to ride along with you to provide step by step instructions for the first 6 months)

Can we do better, of course and we will continue to do better. BUT, it is just a different mind set of the two companies. Our goal is to provide a GREAT value. Not the cheapest, not the most expensive, but the best bang for the buck. We design and build our class C's based on customer feedback. A more specific manual is just one area that we don't invest heavily.

I worked several shows with a rep from another "well known brand". They had a great manual, covered everything very specifically. He was complaining that customers and salespeople alike always call with questions. He doesn't answer them, he just refers them to the manual. "Hey, whats the GVWR on the...." "Look at page 72 in the manual". "Hey is the TV standard on the..." "Page 36 of the manual". Finally one of the sales guys asked a question and before the rep could respond he said "Yes I know its in the manual, but why can't you just tell me so I don't have to track down a manual"

I will push for more involvement in a more specific manual...but in the meantime I will continue to answer questions here and post as many videos as I can.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:05 AM   #22

I'm looking to install inverter I need some idea on what best brand and wiring diagram and where to mount it?
Our 2010 solera Coe with entertainment option in the bed location and ther where the tv and the DVD dish receiver
Looking for 1000 watt min..

Thanks
smggsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #23

Sudgestion regarding Inverter

I purchased a 2000 W inverter for $149. I found the best place to mount it on the left side cumming up on the step. It requires lots of air circulations. You can buy ready made cables 10Ft #4 gauge cables, this will rich the battery compartment under the step. Poll the bottom drawer, drill holes through the floor, for the cables and you can take the cables trough under the M.H. in, throuhg on an existing whole ,in the back of the the battery compartment. I use it while I am traveling and staying in Walmart. Use it with microwave, toaster, coffeemaker and some times with TV or Disk player. My advice is do not buy anything less the 2000W inverter. It toke me about an hour for complete installation. Good luck.
emilizik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 12:47 AM   #24

I too had a Roadtrek RS-Adventurous (Sprinter, long chassis). It was too small and the bed was uncomfortable. I just took delivery on a 2012 Solera 24MS (murphy bed). I was very surprised that there were no schematics included of the plumbing, electricity and cable/antenna provided either in printed manuals or PDFs. Roadtrek provided all of that for their RV in their printed materials. FR needs to do better.
Don Wills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:14 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by smggsm
I'm looking to install inverter I need some idea on what best brand and wiring diagram and where to mount it?
Our 2010 solera Coe with entertainment option in the bed location and ther where the tv and the DVD dish receiver
Looking for 1000 watt min..

Thanks
Still thinking to add an inverter on ours as well....

I would only go for a true sine wave from a respectable company. Make sure it is 'right sized' for your needs - TV and such only 1000w is perfect. Microwave add another 1000w but be ready to start the generator shortly after use as there are not enough batteries in the coach for that :-)

Smaller inverter = less power loss and draw during idle. Plus add an automatic switch to disconnect the inverter when shore power (or generator) is available to increase battery recharge.

Reiner
Old 08-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I do too and I work there. The problem is we're a cross between a house and a car. A car has one nice big manual, they sell thousands and thousands all pretty much the same.

A house they build them one at a time. No "overall" manual, just the individual appliance manuals.

We build them on an assembly line, we have the chassis manual, a general "overall" manual and the "individual appliance manuals" (if the supplier actually makes one). We'll also introduce new floor plans on the fly and change components as supply/quality demands. The manual would be outdated before the ink dries.
With technology today, who wants ink? lol. A pdf e version of a manual would go a long way in providing help, mch like these forum post. Just think, we might actually be able to discuss other more innovative or fun things if we were given the obvious in a manual.
kippee is offline   Reply With Quote