Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2015, 02:06 PM   #1

Short People Seating Issue

My long time companion, navigator and co-pilot is just under 5 feet tall. Originally smitten with the Solera, she noticed that her feet dangled uncomfortably and that the seat adjustment bar rubbed against her calves. This was issue in the passenger seat.

Recently we encountered another Sprinter RV couple with the same complaint with whom we shared our solution. They thought it was great, so we thought we would share so other folks might benefit as well.

The first thing we did is duct tape some pipe insulation to cushion the seat adjuster. Dangling feet remained a problem.

An item called "Business Solution 62881" is a foot rest for the office environment. It adjusts for height and tilt. Its an E Bay item for around $25. A few adjustments for height and tilt angle and this footrest proved to be whats needed. However, after tightening the adjustments, it still tended to move around a bit. We braced it with some rigid foam affixed with Gorilla Tape. Comfortable support mission accomplished.

The photos show the item.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SeatAdjBar.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	382.6 KB
ID:	71949   Click image for larger version

Name:	BizSolution1.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	339.4 KB
ID:	71950   Click image for larger version

Name:	BizSolution2.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	292.4 KB
ID:	71951  
MiataHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 04:24 PM   #2

I am 5'5" and have a problem with the height of the passenger seat too. I have been using a short step stool but like the adjustable foot rest in your photo. I will be on the hunt for one. Thanks for the info!
barbhalsell is offline   Reply With Quote