Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2012, 12:00 PM   #1

Shower Door Upper Bracket

Our new-to-us 2011 Solera has a problem with the shower door jumping the track on top. It appears to me that the wheels are angled outside the top track instead of being completely captured by the track.

Can someone please look at their shower door and see if the wheels fully engage the track or only run on the bottom of the track (i.e. the wheels are tipped back from the top and only run on the bottom).

Here is a picture of mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Solera Shower door track photo.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	20355  
cousin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #2

It might help to look at the picture from the side to get a proper perspective of the installation.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousin01 View Post
Our new-to-us 2011 Solera has a problem with the shower door jumping the track on top. It appears to me that the wheels are angled outside the top track instead of being completely captured by the track.

Can someone please look at their shower door and see if the wheels fully engage the track or only run on the bottom of the track (i.e. the wheels are tipped back from the top and only run on the bottom).

Here is a picture of mine.
Looks like the rail holding the wheels is bent and needs to be straightened. Also, you can also get a set of large water pump pliers and close the rail a little. Make sure you cover the plier jaws so you don't scratch the rail.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
2012 Solera

Shower Door Issue

Just went out and checked mine - looks the same. I believe it is designed that way - rollers engage bottom of top rail; top of bottom rail. I also had a problem with the shower door jumping out of the rails while driving the Solera. I believe the issue with mine was with the latch - the door came unlatched, slammed back and forth until the rollers jumped out of the tracks. After the dealer "fix" failed (he tried to adjust the door "cocked" so as to better engage the latch) I added a short piece of garden 1/4 inch drip tubing to the door at the latch with "GOOP" (and corrected the dealer door "adjustment"). The latch now engages well - and, after a few thousand miles and about 3 weeks of camping, no door problems. Pictures attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	081012-1014.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	20358   Click image for larger version

Name:	081012-1015.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	20359   Click image for larger version

Name:	081012-1017.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	20360  
JLeising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #5

Looking at it a little closer it appears that the wheels are too small too be fully enclosed by the track. Instead, they are meant to run only on the lower part of the track.

As you point out, it appears that they are bent back at a slight angle so the wheels are not square to the track. I have tightened the screws that hold the wheel on to eliminate some of the wobble. That has helped it run a little better.

But I don't think that I can bend that bracket at the top without removing the whole door and that might require some major surgery.

At this point, I guess I would like to know if other Soleras have a similarly bent bracket.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:33 PM   #6
Commercial Member

Those are (2) different shower doors by the way.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #7

Yes, I noticed that the roller assembly and the track are different.

But it does seem to show that the one in my Solera is tilted backward 10 degrees or so.

Would you know if that angle is normal for that model shower door?

thanks
Old 10-08-2012, 02:55 PM   #8
Commercial Member

It should be straight. The flex in that piece makes it easier to install the shower door (snap the rollers in), problem is it looks like the flex piece has started to have "too much flex". If you could rivet on a heavier plate to that back side...the rollers should be almost straight up and down.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #9

Thanks. wanted to confirm the alignment. I'll look into reinforcing the plate.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #10
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousin01 View Post
Thanks. wanted to confirm the alignment. I'll look into reinforcing the plate.
Remove the screws in the rollers and just take the door off. Then you can straighten the bracket and reinforce it on the bottom, drill holes for the rollers and re-install. Probably take an hour start to finish.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:04 PM   #11

Sounds like a plan. thanks