Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2012, 01:14 PM   #1

solera 2010 pre wired inverter

Does any one know if the inverter pre wired?
Its hard to believe most of the soleras does not come with inverter as standard option

Any one installed one? Please advise
smggsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:37 PM   #3

Thank you so much for your reply ..
I saw these thereads i did search for a month now
Im looking for specific info on the solera if it pre wired if not whre is the best location to install the inverter and what the best max perforance brand recommended

Thanks
Old 11-09-2012, 12:11 AM   #4
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smggsm View Post
Does any one know if the inverter pre wired?
Its hard to believe most of the soleras does not come with inverter as standard option

Any one installed one? Please advise
It is not prewired, however the batteries are in the step well and the Battery Control Center is there as well. Easily accessible if you or the dealer wanted to install one.

We used to offer inverters and no one ordered them. Most people that did get them wanted them for TV & DVD. So instead we went to 12V TV's and DVD player. Eliminated the cost of the inverter and simplified the process. Depending on what you want to run, you can get a 12V plug in style inverter.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:14 AM   #5

So our 2013 came with the 12 volt tv but how much of a drain on the batteries if you are dry camping and watch a DVD
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
It is not prewired, however the batteries are in the step well and the Battery Control Center is there as well. Easily accessible if you or the dealer wanted to install one.

We used to offer inverters and no one ordered them. Most people that did get them wanted them for TV & DVD. So instead we went to 12V TV's and DVD player. Eliminated the cost of the inverter and simplified the process. Depending on what you want to run, you can get a 12V plug in style inverter.
thank you for the reply i was not aware this forum monitored by the factory reps this very nice service...

i have 2010 solera come with entertaiment center instead of the bed so with that option still its not pre wired?

do you have any recomendation where to install it ? if i need to replace my 2 group 27 batteries what the max power what brand you recommend to go with..

i asked the couple of dealers thew qouted me 2000 labour not incloud the wires and inverter both of them their plan is to wire from the batteries to the main pannel( located under the STOVE ) ..

when i REMOVED the drawer behind the pannel there is like gadge 10 wires red white black ,, so my question is?

1- are these wires coming from the batteries?
2- can we use them for the inverter WIRING so i can save labour time and wiring COST ..

reason im asking because local rv shop sugested using them With install auto transfer switch for generator and the main hoockup.. not sure waht he called that switch but its basicaly protection for the circuit if you turn on the genetrator or the ac..

any help ,advice, suggestion diagrams realy appreciated

i need the inverter for coffe maker, tv , sat dish( and sat dish receiver
Old 11-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandiegodoug View Post
So our 2013 came with the 12 volt tv but how much of a drain on the batteries if you are dry camping and watch a DVD
look in the TV manual and see how many amp the t.V need to operate YOU CAN find the info ins thechnical specs..
if you know what deep cycle batteries and the MAH.. this give you idea ,,
Old 11-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #8
Commercial Member

We do not pre wire for inverters on any of our Class C's. I'm not an expert on Inverters, I'll see if I can get JMiller45 to chime in here.

The minor issue with the batteries is what to replace them with? There are (2) in the step well and space will be an issue.

Turbo had some good links on what to expect.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #9

JMiller45 if you can help ...

Thanks
Old 11-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #10

I have a 2012 Solera w/ a dealer installed 600 watt inverter. They located the inverter on the floor at the back of the drawer below the sink. The on/off switch is located in the left stairwell panel next to the other switches. I was told that it was a quality inverter with good sine wave rating. That becomes important so the converted 12V to 110 is clean and does not cause havoc with any items you intend to power up. (i.e. tablet, laptop, etc.)

The duplexes that were effected were the bedroom divider wall plug, and the overhead plug above the entrance door. My guess is that those plugs were on the same circuit when they cut it in.

I had the dealer throw that in to make the deal, so I don't know what it cost them.
2012WhiteSolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:01 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012WhiteSolera View Post
I have a 2012 Solera w/ a dealer installed 600 watt inverter. They located the inverter on the floor at the back of the drawer below the sink. The on/off switch is located in the left stairwell panel next to the other switches. I was told that it was a quality inverter with good sine wave rating. That becomes important so the converted 12V to 110 is clean and does not cause havoc with any items you intend to power up. (i.e. tablet, laptop, etc.)

The duplexes that were effected were the bedroom divider wall plug, and the overhead plug above the entrance door. My guess is that those plugs were on the same circuit when they cut it in.

I had the dealer throw that in to make the deal, so I don't know what it cost them.
thank you for sharing , and congrats on your new solera
this what i was looking for but i have question .in case you forgot to turn the switch off AND YOU START THE GENERATOR will this damage the circuit and the inverter? did they install transfer switch?

also is 600 watt enough for you>? can u run cofe maker tv etc..?

if u have some pictures and the inverter brand please post it.. thANKS
Old 11-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #12

Not sure if a 600 watt inverter would power a coffee maker. However, due to the required power draw of a coffee maker, l am not sure you would want to brew off inverted 110V battery power. Thats one heavy draw in my opinion.

The formula to calculate needed power is volts x amps = watts.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #13

My keurig says 1500 watts
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #14

In my opinion, 1500 watts should be run off shore power or generator only. Any rated inverter converting that much power, would drain the batteries in no time.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:45 AM   #15
Coachmen Adrenaline

Sorry I have been absent for a little while. BC asked me to look at this, so here I am. 2012WhiteSolera has their inverter installed exactly where it would've been according to our diagrams from when we installed inverters. We ran 2 ga. cables for the power and ground and also attached a copper cable to the frame rails for grounding. The RED 2ga was attached to the back of the bcc so the inverter could pull power from the HOUSE batteries, which are kept charged by the vehicles alternator when driving. The inverter was then connected to 1 or 2 outlets in the coach, and also to the tv recept. We placed the inverter switch on the stepwell panel by the other switches. It sounds like 2012WhiteSolera's dealer did a perfect install according to how it would have been done here at the factory. We used a 600W inverter. If you ae wanting to do much more than watching tv, you definitely need to go larger on the inverter. Almost forgot to mention that you need to make sure you have a PURE SINE WAVE inverter. Any other type of waveform WILL damage appliances and other components unless they specifically say they can handle them...most will not.
jamiller45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #16

Samlex Transfer Switch - DonRowe.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiller45 View Post
Sorry I have been absent for a little while. BC asked me to look at this, so here I am. 2012WhiteSolera has their inverter installed exactly where it would've been according to our diagrams from when we installed inverters. We ran 2 ga. cables for the power and ground and also attached a copper cable to the frame rails for grounding. The RED 2ga was attached to the back of the bcc so the inverter could pull power from the HOUSE batteries, which are kept charged by the vehicles alternator when driving. The inverter was then connected to 1 or 2 outlets in the coach, and also to the tv recept. We placed the inverter switch on the stepwell panel by the other switches. It sounds like 2012WhiteSolera's dealer did a perfect install according to how it would have been done here at the factory. We used a 600W inverter. If you ae wanting to do much more than watching tv, you definitely need to go larger on the inverter. Almost forgot to mention that you need to make sure you have a PURE SINE WAVE inverter. Any other type of waveform WILL damage appliances and other components unless they specifically say they can handle them...most will not.
thank you for your reply

do you have the diagram? if i understood it correctly , basicaly i can use the wiring under the stove the red 2ga to power the inverter?
my dealer want to re wire from the battery to the front asking 2000$ labour only.. so if i can use these wires already there i can save 2000$ labour time please advise...
do you recommend to istall transfer switch like this one http://www.donrowe.com/accessories/sts_transfer_switch.html

my dealer said you must install it to protect the circuit from damaging the inverter incase you forgot to turn off the inverter
Old 11-13-2012, 07:01 AM   #17
Coachmen Adrenaline

Do NOT use the wires that already exist. They are for the converter. If you cut them, you will not get 12V power to the coach when plugged in. You will need to run new wires, but not all the way to the front. We connected inverters to the house batteries. I am not certain why your dealer is so adament about the transfer switch. We never put the inverter with one. There should be one already in your coach to switch between shore power and generator though. I can try to find a diagram...it won't be much more than placement of electrical components, and which circuit they should be on.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #18
Commercial Member

When we were doing inverters they were pass through anyway I thought. So if there was power to the coach, it went right through the inverter. When there wasn't, then it would pull from the batteries. Don't remember the part number, but I know we didn't install anything other than the inverter.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiller45 View Post
Do NOT use. They are for the converter. If you cut them, you will not get 12V power to the coach when plugged in. You will need to run new wires, but not all the way to the front. We connected inverters to the house batteries. I am not certain why your dealer is so adament about the transfer switch. We never put the inverter with one. There should be one already in your coach to switch between shore power and generator though. I can try to find a diagram...it won't be much more than placement of electrical components, and which circuit they should be on.
I EMAILED YOU... with info you request.. let me know if you didnt get it

local dealer ( forest river dealer not solera ) his plan was
use Adapters/Quick Splice to feed the inverter 1200 watt from( the wires that already exist RED AND WIHTE i think they are 8 GA) .. so we dont have to run another wire he said he did it before on similer model manufacture by forest river
Old 11-14-2012, 03:21 PM   #20
Coachmen Adrenaline

I got it. As BC mentioned, our inverter was a direct pass through with its own internal transfer switch, so that is why we never installed one for the inverter. here is a link for the exact one we installed. Obviously it is not large enough for a coffee maker...InvertersWF-600TH, WF-600TH 600W Inverter
With that said, if you find an inverter you want to use, it either has to have its own internal transfer witch, or one will need to be added.