Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #1

Solera 24s price?

Looking to buy new one .. Look like Rv direct prices way up than last year
I'mk in California trying to stay close to 60k
Anupy help appreciate it
I' ktkoorn between view prism and solera ..
I thik prism and view get much better gas mileage than the solera ". They are more aer dynamics
smggsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smggsm View Post
Anupy help appreciate it
I thik prism and view get much better gas mileage than the solera ". They are more aer dynamics
Everything has gone up, so I'm sure RV's have too. If you think the view and prism is better, buy one of those.
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 11:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
Everything has gone up, so I'm sure RV's have too. If you think the view and prism is better, buy one of those.
so what price for 2013 2012 now ?
this year rv direct quoted me 3k more than last year, is the sprinter more expensive or the build?
Old 07-21-2013, 07:05 AM   #4

Quote:

this year rv direct quoted me 3k more than last year, is the sprinter more expensive or the build?
I don't know.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #5

Quote:

Our USD is losing value, that makes everything seem more expensive.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Anupy help appreciate it
From prior posts, looks like you have a 2010 Solera? Why would you want to change to a new one? Have they changed that much??????
Old 07-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHILL View Post
Our USD is losing value, that makes everything seem more expensive.
i have to disagree ..just get back from Europe, the usd very strong against the euro an Canadian .. rates like 6 years ago..
Old 07-21-2013, 12:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieMH View Post
From prior posts, looks like you have a 2010 Solera? Why would you want to change to a new one? Have they changed that much??????
thank you for the reply..
i need the bed on the top i think its called bunk bed , 2010 one we have now come with entertainment cab.. the floor design for the 2010 its good for 2 people no kids
Old 07-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #9
Commercial Member

The Prism & View get better mpg BUT ONLY on the profile version. If you look at the view profile or Prism, those get a little better MPG but they have NO bed over top which is not what you need.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #10

Quote:
I'm sure some of both. Mercedes being German, and using Eurodollar as their currency, their price fluctuates somewhat d/t exchange rate between the Euro and our dollar, plus everything goes up from year to year - I suspect MB raises their price, as does FR!!! As to mileage vs. View, 2mg difference in 100K miles with diesel at $4.25 is going to come to around $4000.00. I believe the View is much more expensive than that!

Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:35 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorgso View Post
I'm sure some of both. Mercedes being German, and using Eurodollar as their currency, their price fluctuates somewhat d/t exchange rate between the Euro and our dollar, plus everything goes up from year to year - I suspect MB raises their price, as does FR!!! As to mileage vs. View, 2mg difference in 100K miles with diesel at $4.25 is going to come to around $4000.00. I believe the View is much more expensive than that!

i thing they jack up the prices in the summer , i think in winter you can get better deals
Old 07-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #12

Quote:
i thing they jack up the prices in the summer , i think in winter you can get better deals
It's the law of supply and demand. My dealer had Four Soleras on the lot when I bought mine in January. I was by there a couple weeks ago and they had NONE.

Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #13

i agree.. supply and demand.. demand higher in summer
how much you paid for yours?
Old 07-23-2013, 08:46 PM   #14

Ordered my 2013 in November 2012 from RV Direct. Paid $68K, which was $63K base with options including entertainment center, leveling jacks, fantastic fan, etc. Local dealers offered MSRPs of $107K and $97K, both saying lowest they could go was $82K. Delivery was mid January and required pickup in Des Moines. I'm on the west coast. Seemed like a good deal to me. It's a great rig.
Marionap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #15
Commercial Member

Quote:
Anupy help appreciate it
The only Solera you'll find close to $60k is a used one.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionap View Post
Ordered my 2013 in November 2012 from RV Direct. Paid $68K, which was $63K base with options including entertainment center, leveling jacks, fantastic fan, etc. Local dealers offered MSRPs of $107K and $97K, both saying lowest they could go was $82K. Delivery was mid January and required pickup in Des Moines. I'm on the west coast. Seemed like a good deal to me. It's a great rig.
i assume this the 24S?
Old 07-23-2013, 10:01 PM   #17

Yup, the 24S.
Marionap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #18
Site Team - Lou

I would like to toss in my 2 cents here. This is MY OPINION and has nothing to do with the forum's policies.

1) This is an open forum with an "essentially" anonymous membership (to the degree that the member posts or publishes their data). We do not verify, nor are we responsible, for what is posted as long as the posting follows the rules described in the forum agreement.

2) As it applies to "1)" - Caveat Lector. That is Latin for "Reader Beware." What is posted here may or may not be true; may or may not help your situation; may or may not cause damage to your camper; etc. It is up to you to verify the posting and make sure it is valid in your situation. The vast majority of posters post with good intentions and to the best of their knowledge.

BUT - Your experience may be different. "Trust; But Verify" should be your watchword when reading posts.

3) As it applies to this thread, the sale price of the camper quoted may not represent a complete picture of the sale from the perspective of the dealer. Financing, trade-in value, dealer options and inspection fees can mask the profit made by the dealership; making the final sale price quoted to the buyer an illusion. You should not take a statement of sale price at face value without a complete picture of the transaction. NO person in business will sell any item at a loss without a darn good reason.

I have been a BIG proponent of transparency in the sales of RVs. There is no RV equivalent of Edmunds.com or Kelly Blue Book to give you an idea of the actual dealer margin so you can negotiate the best deal for yourself. See threads here regarding salesman practices "Confessions of a Used Car Salesman" and "Why can one dealer sell so much cheaper that others."

We are making an impact, by arming our membership with knowledge and the internet tools they need to negotiate on even footing with their local RV (and car/truck) dealers.

Obviously, the more effective this effort is, the more push back from dealers there will be. Used to getting outrageous profit margins in both the front (sales) and back (shop) areas, they are hopefully finding a new type of informed and "non-sheep" customer; giving them as good as they get.

Remember, in the end, if you walk out with a new camper, the dealership made money and you got a price you feel comfortable paying for what you wanted; when you wanted it.
Herk

(Again, this is MY OPINION ONLY, and in no way representative of the forum's owners.)
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #19

Herk7769 -
Well said! Thank you ... needed to be said :-)
Old 07-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #20

They may be able to cut out the dealer margin by going through someone like RVDirect but I feel like it was worth it for me to go through a dealer. RV's are notorious for needing some love and attention, not to mention upgrades and fixes. There is enough info on the web to get a feel for whether you are paying a fair price. The service department where I bought mine had asked whether the unit was purchased there before giving me an estimate of the time to do the work. I would therefore assume it does make a difference when you want some work done on your RV.
fortbud is offline   Reply With Quote