Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2015, 12:02 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiataHoarder View Post
What brand are those Flow Through sensors? They look different than mine. I have the TireTracker TT 400C TPMS system. With the rear wheel covers on, there is no room to attach them.

Also, see the attached photo of my front wheel. The metal stem isn't long enough to extend outside the wheel cover.

Generally, every detail one expects to be routine seems excessively complex on the MB chassis.
I have those same valve stems on the front of mine (mine might be slightly shorter) . They do offer two lengths for the front wheels. . All four of the stems can be bent slightly to center them in the hole. I used a deep socket on an extension and held the inner part with pliers covered with tape. If you don't want to bend the stems (bending OK per manufacturer) you can also cut away a little of the wheel cover. I did not want to do any cutting. As you can see it is also bath time for the little RV.

I tie my wheels covers and also slip a short piece of clear plastic tubing over the stem just in case a cover gets a little loose.

BTW, I have the TireTech ON system which is exactly the same as the Tire Tracker system. Hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0184.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	219.6 KB
ID:	90558   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0185.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	90559  
Old 10-03-2015, 12:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiataHoarder View Post
What brand are those Flow Through sensors? They look different than mine. I have the TireTracker TT 400C TPMS system. With the rear wheel covers on, there is no room to attach them.

Also, see the attached photo of my front wheel. The metal stem isn't long enough to extend outside the wheel cover.

Generally, every detail one expects to be routine seems excessively complex on the MB chassis.
Tire-SafeGuard

I ended up calling them and getting a custom kit with four flow throughs for the rear and two caps for the front. The folks at tiresafeguard were very helpful. I trimmed my front wheel covers to get the cap sensors on. The flow throughs work great on the rear duallys but were too large for the front wheels. Might just have to add four more caps for my toad.

I think in this case, the issue is with the wheel simulators and not MB. The flow throughs worked fine on the front wheels without the simulator on.

2015 Solera MBS 24R - Hellwig/Sumo Equipped, Sold
(Sold the Vibe TT, as well)
Pod2Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:08 AM   #23

tire rotation

I have a 2013 24R with the yellow extensions. A long time ago I had a flat and my mechanic recommended I replace the regular valve stems with heavy duty ones - which I did. Ever since, I have had no problems with the yellow extensions. I just came out of the MB service, and they told me my tires are evenly worn and still good for many more miles. I do not plan to do any rotation. To me, if it works fine (no shimmy, pulling, uneven wears, etc), don't touch it.
dswiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:19 PM   #24

I did exactly the same thing. Discount tire was surprised that they didn't come with the heavy duty ones. He said most motorhomes do. My flat was due to valve stem failure.
No problem since and I don't rotate either as tires will be needed to be replaced due to dry rot before tread wears out

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
solera, tire