Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2015, 05:22 PM   #1

Tail light & water tank (?) leaking

On our first trip with 2016 Forester 2400w MBS and we have two issues.

First our drivers side rear light is on, the red "brake" looking lights. Have tried several things but it still does not go off.

Second we hooked up to "city" water and immediately water started rushing out from what I can only assume is the water tank (?) underneath. Once the water at the hose in is turned off it stops. It looks like it is near a screw but cannot state for sure it is at the screw. It's the large tank about a foot or two from the rear of the coach.

Any ideas on these two?
Cfritts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:29 PM   #2
Site Team

Are your low point drains closed?

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 06:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfritts View Post
On our first trip with 2016 Forester 2400w MBS and we have two issues.

First our drivers side rear light is on, the red "brake" looking lights. Have tried several things but it still does not go off.

Second we hooked up to "city" water and immediately water started rushing out from what I can only assume is the water tank (?) underneath. Once the water at the hose in is turned off it stops. It looks like it is near a screw but cannot state for sure it is at the screw. It's the large tank about a foot or two from the rear of the coach.

Any ideas on these two?
Probably fresh water tank drain valve is open. I don't know location on the "W", but there should be a manual valve near the water tank and the handle should be 90 degrees to the hose for the valve to be closed.
Old 08-15-2015, 08:27 PM   #4

If it's a valve up inside a white removable round cover that is set to closed. Crawled under rig and didn't find any other valves to turn off. Guess a trip to service is needed. Thanks
Old 08-15-2015, 08:29 PM   #5

And it's not coming out the white drain hose that's under the water tank. We can't see the origin due to the protective, I assume, piece of "wood" covering the tank I assume to protect it
Old 08-15-2015, 09:17 PM   #6

Quote:
And it's not coming out the white drain hose that's under the water tank. We can't see the origin due to the protective, I assume, piece of "wood" covering the tank I assume to protect it

Could be the water pump is leaking backwards, through its suction and overflows the FW tank. Quite common. Drain tank down and try shore pressure again to check.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 01:28 PM   #7

I had the brake light issue on my 24R, first on the left, then on the right. There is a circuit board located near the rear of the coach (not sure where it's located on yours, mine is in the water pump/filter compartment) that had to be replaced.
While boondocking with the problem, I pulled the brake light plug from the board, which is clearly labeled, so the batteries would not draw down. Just remember if you do this to plug the lights back in before driving!
barnbnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 01:54 PM   #8

Thank you so much!! This gives me exactly what I need to know. I have a call out to the Sprinter service and if they won't take it I will find an RV dealer to do it.

And thanks to all who answered!
Old 08-17-2015, 09:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Thank you so much!! This gives me exactly what I need to know. I have a call out to the Sprinter service and if they won't take it I will find an RV dealer to do it.

And thanks to all who answered!
Unfortunately, I am all too knowledgeable related to the tail light issue you are experiencing. To convey the least this is a "planned and support design flaw by Forest River Leadership". I was on the telephone with the person in charge of this area today, and the person tried to defend the fatal flaw of the design (you can not make this stuff up!).

I will buy you a beer of your choice if this is not your problem. Just under the driver side rear of the coach attached to the bumper (actually a plate connected to the bumper is a "Curt Power Circuit Protected Trailer Converter". This unit, per the manufacturer specification, must be mounted inside and outside the exposure to weather. When you see it, you will immediately conclude that it could not of been more inappropriately mounted to void the product warranty. To make things worse, the wiring in this area looked like it was done by a kindergardener learning how to use scissors for the first time...I kid you not.

On our maiden trip (today makes 2 weeks ownership of our 2401W MBS), we had this same problem....and then some with our lights. Neither the dealer that sold us our unit or FR were of any assistance. They both suggested it was an MBS problem. So we spent a half day with MB....although they knew immediately it was not their issue because of the modification of the lights to make the coach, they went the distance to try and assist.....to include taking a new dashboard switch out of a new unit on the lot to prove it was not on their side. Then they were willing to speak with Forest River to cover over the wiring diagram.....the person we spoke with conveyed they did not have one....

Long story short, after speaking with (literally) an unknown number of dealers over numerous states to look at the problem (at this time all of our running and marker lights would not turn on)...we finally got a referral to a non-Forest River RV shop (by an employee who shared he was risking his job by making such a referral)....they immediately diagnosed the problem and fixed it (or at least all is currently working).
Beach Bums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:18 AM   #10

I have also had the tail light issue on my 2016 Forester 2401W. A few days after I picked it up, the drivers side tail light stayed on no matter what I did. About 5-6 days later it stopped doing that and I haven't seen it since. Very strange.

Please post again when you resolve your issue.
konrad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, light, tank, water, water tank