Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2012, 01:33 AM   #1

Tire chains

Has anyone bought chains for their solera
I may visit my son in flagstaff and don't want to get stuck there incase of a freak storm
Never had a vehicle with 2 tires on each side
I always carry chains when going to mountains during fall/winter months just in case
Sandiegodoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #2

I don't know about the Solera, but when I was on the Fire Dept. we would chain up the outside duel tires for winter conditions. We had a couple of trucks with duel chains which went over the inside and outside duels but they were a pain in the A#@$ to put on. I'd say as long as you have the outside tire chained up you should be good.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #3

We had purchased cable chains from Walmart, for the two outside tires. We are driving from Port angelis on I 5 to south CA. If any snow on the Mountain road it requires chains or send you back with a fine. Most of the time you do not have to put it on the MH but if you go throug a check poin you have to have it with you. That is the LAW.
emilizik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:28 PM   #4

I've seen at check points where they require chains but when they see the Iowa plates on the MH they just wave us through.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #5
phat phrog stunt crew

i seem to recall snow in flagstaff doesnt stick around on the roads long. azdot did a great job of keeping roads clean. 13 yrs otr thru flagstaff on I-40 and i never chained up once. never chained up in ca, oregon or washington either. i figured if God put it down, he will take it all back and waited it out til morning. road crews usually had it cleaned up by then.
dwaynerz is offline   Reply With Quote