Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2011, 09:30 AM   #1
2018 FR3 30DS

TV Mount in bedroom in Solera

We're trying to figure out how to install a tv mount on the bedroom wall in our Solera. There is a 110 AC outlet and a connector for the coax cable on the wall at the foot of the bed. Does anyone have a tv in that area and if so, how is it mounted?
Slow_movin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:40 AM   #2

the mount would need to be mounted to a stud (aluminum or wood depending on then way it was manufactured)

If you have a stud finder - you can find out where your support pieces can be mounted and determine from there whether it is going to the best location or not

If all else fails you could mount the tv on a locking swing arm so you can move the tv around so it isnt stationary in case the location of the studs do not make it a prime location to watch the tv.

Just throwing info out there in case no one else chimes in for assistance
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:27 PM   #3
2018 FR3 30DS

TV mount

I bought a kit from Sam's "The Omnimount" so that you can mount a flat panel TV anywhere, no studs needed. Will provide more info when got it put up in the mh.
Thanks for the input, tho.
Old 04-18-2011, 02:53 PM   #4
2018 FR3 30DS

TV in bedroom of Solera

If you ever wanted a simple, fast and easy way to mount a flat screen tv to a wall w/o any studs, etc., this "Omnimount" is the way to go. The kit has 4 round T shaped mounts that you screw on the back of the tv set. They have 4 different size screws that fit most any tv. There are 4 horseshoe shaped brackets that measure about an inch square each and each one has a hole in the center. You use the template provided in the kit to center your 4 brackets on the wall, bore the proper size hole and mount each bracket with the 4 wood screws provided. You then take the tv and place the T shaped mounts in the brackets and the tv is in place.

Also in the kit is a drill bit and plastic expansion shields to be used for mounting on a sheetrock wall (the kit is not specific to motor homes).
The bedroom wall in the Soleral has little, if any, supposrt. I did hit plywood for the top two screws and that will provide a little support.
The TV set is a 19" Hitach and weighs about 5 pounds at the most..meaning that even if you don't get any support behind the wall it is strong enough to hold the tv while parked. I don't think we will use it while moving anyhow.
Will try to provide pics later...
Old 04-18-2011, 04:30 PM   #5

Here's how I did mine.]new_2210 - Servimg.com - Free image hosting service[/url]
The Tv is a 22" Vizio and the bracket is made by level mount from Home Depot it is mounted to the stud in the wall with 2 3" screws and is pretty solid we remove the tv when travling but I think the bracket is strong enough to hold it.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, tv mount