Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2015, 09:58 AM   #1

TV Mounting Hardware

I'm just curious as to how or what bracket is used when mounting the 42" Vizio TV in the new Sunseeker 2400S RV's with the entertainment center option. I have no immediate need to pull the TV down or anything, but there might be a time when I want to access one of the other inputs on the back of the Vizio...
Has anyone had any experience with this? Thanks!
My Camera, and a lot of Dreams
jayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:09 AM   #2
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

Several TV are mounted with slotted holes in the bracket that, fit in bolts on the back of the TV. Lifting the TV up will free the bracket from the TV.
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 01:58 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by donanddona View Post
Several TV are mounted with slotted holes in the bracket that, fit in bolts on the back of the TV. Lifting the TV up will free the bracket from the TV.
Thanks for the response! I figured it would be something simple like that...

I didn't notice it budging when I tried lifting it up earlier, but I think I'll wait until I have a real need and also another pair of hands to help...
Old 06-04-2015, 02:17 PM   #4

I had them leave mine uninstalled for delivery. I didn't want our family trips to be a TV-fest! So now I have a 12 volt TV and mount sitting around....
ericlakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 10:06 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlakin View Post
I had them leave mine uninstalled for delivery. I didn't want our family trips to be a TV-fest! So now I have a 12 volt TV and mount sitting around....
LOL. Smart thinking. It's just me and the dog, though. And he knows I can pull the plug on Animal Planet at any time...
Old 06-04-2015, 10:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlakin View Post
me too. first thing I did was remove the "bedroom" TV from the 24S. have 8 screw holes left in the wall.

I've yet to use the "main" TV
ipolyihh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 12:06 PM   #7
Commercial Member

The 32" TV's will use a slotted hole.

All the 42" units are fixed. There should be wood trim (top and bottom). Each one has a wood screw cover. Pull those wood pieces to gain access to the "H" style mounting frame. Once you pull those bolts the whole thing comes out...TV and frame with it.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 02:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
The 32" TV's will use a slotted hole.

All the 42" units are fixed. There should be wood trim (top and bottom). Each one has a wood screw cover. Pull those wood pieces to gain access to the "H" style mounting frame. Once you pull those bolts the whole thing comes out...TV and frame with it.
Thanks, Brian. I knew I couldn't budge the TV for a good reason (other than general lack of strength).

One more question if I may: I'm having trouble with satellite reception. If I run the cable from the dish off the roof and through the passenger window and to the receiver all is fine. If I use the pre-installed cable and hook the receiver up to the middle coax plug the receiver says no satellite signal... I checked continuity and the pre-installed cable seems intact. I also tried several cables between the dish and the roof plug and between the receiver and the cabinet plug so I know it's not a bad cable. Any ideas why the pre-installed cable doesn't seem to carry the signal? Do I need to do something in addition to using the center coax plug?
Old 06-07-2015, 02:20 PM   #9
Commercial Member

The middle one is for a roof top sat. If you don't have a roof top sat tat cable does nothing.

Old 06-07-2015, 02:24 PM   #10

Quote:
The middle one is for a roof top sat. If you don't have a roof top sat tat cable does nothing.
Brian, that's what I have (a roof mounted sat dish). The problem is the roof top cable doesn't seem to transmit the signal although my meter says there is no break in the cable. I am plugging the receiver into the middle coax... As I tried to explain earlier (sorry if it wasn't clear), if I just run my own cable off the roof and through the window then all works fine (so I know it's not an equipment problem).
Old 06-07-2015, 05:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayvan View Post
Brian, that's what I have (a roof mounted sat dish). The problem is the roof top cable doesn't seem to transmit the signal although my meter says there is no break in the cable. I am plugging the receiver into the middle coax... As I tried to explain earlier (sorry if it wasn't clear), if I just run my own cable off the roof and through the window then all works fine (so I know it's not an equipment problem).
Well, I pulled the TV and did a bit more troubleshooting. It is the cable pre-installed for sat from the roof that is bad... Dang! One more thing to add to the list. I'm still happy with the RV, but after hitting about a dozen "small" issues (none of which would stop me from using the unit) it's beginning to feel not quite as thrilling...
Old 06-08-2015, 07:47 AM   #12
Commercial Member

I would make sure that the dealer who install the sat didn't run their own wire. We no prep for roof top Sat, but this is pretty new for us. Did we install the sat from the factory or did the dealer install it?

Old 06-08-2015, 09:15 AM   #13

Quote:
I would make sure that the dealer who install the sat didn't run their own wire. We no prep for roof top Sat, but this is pretty new for us. Did we install the sat from the factory or did the dealer install it?
Brian, the sat dish was self installed (part of the problem? LOL. ) I went with sat since it was a cheap add-on to the household service and everything was on sale. And because I had noticed an unused coax receptacle just in front of the living room vent and assumed it was for sat which I thought would make the whole thing pretty darn easy. The coax cable going into the middle coax on the plate and coming from the roof is orange. Perhaps my assumption that the coax plug on the roof was for sat is wrong or perhaps it's not hooked up to anything. The over the air stuff works just fine so I know those cables are correct.

It's in the 90s here in Portland (hot for us!) so when I get the chance I guess the next thing to do is pull that coax receptacle and see what's connected to it if anything...
Old 06-19-2015, 08:56 PM   #14

Well, got the sat/tv/cable problem all sorted out. I thought perhaps the sat. jack on the roof may not have been hooked up at the factory. Turns out it was. The problem is that literally none of the connectors on the cables were crimped. A newborn could have pulled the cables out of the connectors. Whoever was supposed to crimp the cables at the FR factory must've been asleep that day. So, $60 later for a decent crimper and new F connectors I had all the cable ends I had access to crimped and now everything works well. Obviously, I shouldn't have had to spend that money or devote as much time as I did to something that should have been done correctly in the first place (I know, I'm preaching to the choir). Oh, well. I'm getting better at climbing the ladder to the roof and laying down lap sealant.

Tags
mount, tv mount