Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #1

Wiring question Solera 2012

BC, wonder if you could help me out. The dealer installed an inverter as part of the original purchase agreement, and it was just recently discovered that they tied into the same circuit as the fridge. They have been waiting for almost a week to have an EE at FR send the wiring schmatic for the AC side, so they can redo the boo boo. Could you help facilitate this as that dealer is going back and forth with them on getting the information they need to re-wire correctly. I appreciate any thing you can do.
2012WhiteSolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #2
2012 Solera 24S

I would second this request. It would be helpful to have full wiring diagrams for the AC, DC, and sprinter interconnect circuits in the Solera.
Nats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #3
Commercial Member

Plant is shut down this week. I have no one to expedite.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nats View Post
I would second this request. It would be helpful to have full wiring diagrams for the AC, DC, and sprinter interconnect circuits in the Solera.
Aren't you happy you didn't have to pay extra for a wiring diagram?
Don Wills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #5
brania

I would also appreciate a wring diagram.

Thanks

Andy
brania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #6

BC, thanks for that update. Would it be possible for you to touch base with the EE who is dealing with my dealer, when they get back at the plant next week, so those AC side wiring diagrams get to them. It would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #7
2012 Solera 24S

bclemens,

Any response yet from the factory on the wiring diagrams?

Thanks!
Old 07-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #8

Guys, Guys, listen, I was just asking BC for a little courtesy within the factory structure, to facilitate the wiring diagram to my dealer, to correct a wiring boo boo the dealer made cutting into the AC side of the coach. I don't believe that FR should feel obligated to produce internal wiring diagrams to owners, on the if come they may need them. Lets be reasonable here on what the manufacturer responsibility is in this situation. Lets be thankful that FR through BC helps us all out in the ownership of the Solera. IMHO.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012WhiteSolera View Post
Guys, Guys, listen, I was just asking BC for a little courtesy within the factory structure, to facilitate the wiring diagram to my dealer, to correct a wiring boo boo the dealer made cutting into the AC side of the coach. I don't believe that FR should feel obligated to produce internal wiring diagrams to owners, on the if come they may need them. Lets be reasonable here on what the manufacturer responsibility is in this situation. Lets be thankful that FR through BC helps us all out in the ownership of the Solera. IMHO.
X2
DebbieMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #10
2012 Solera 24S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012WhiteSolera View Post
I really don't see this as an unusual request, Winnebago posts theirs on their web site for anyone to download.

Having an idea of wiring routing could save countless hours when making modifications or troubleshooting a problem.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #11
Commercial Member

No this is not an unreasonable request. Difference is, Winnebago has layer upon layer upon layer of overhead. Which of course you pay for with every purchase. Our electrical engineer focuses on working drawings to get the line going as opposed to full blown detailed schematics. I know this is on their agenda...but every new floor plan we design eats up a ton of time and we've recently changed electrical engineers.

I'll see if I can grease the wheels a bit...but this is one area where I can't help a whole lot. (Something I can't walk out and do my self). Right now their in the middle of a new floor plan and a major redesign.

Old 07-15-2013, 09:52 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
Right now their in the middle of a new floor plan and a major redesign.
I hope this doesn't mean that we with "old" floor plans will never be able to have access to information pertaining to our units! I'd be more than satisfied to have their "working" drawings, if nothing else!
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 09:59 AM   #13
Commercial Member

No. It just means it may take some time.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #14
2012 Solera 24S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
No this is not an unreasonable request. Difference is, Winnebago has layer upon layer upon layer of overhead. Which of course you pay for with every purchase. Our electrical engineer focuses on working drawings to get the line going as opposed to full blown detailed schematics. I know this is on their agenda...but every new floor plan we design eats up a ton of time and we've recently changed electrical engineers.

I'll see if I can grease the wheels a bit...but this is one area where I can't help a whole lot. (Something I can't walk out and do my self). Right now their in the middle of a new floor plan and a major redesign.
I understand. Thanks for the effort and I really appreciate the support you provide to this forum.
Old 07-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nats View Post
I understand. Thanks for the effort and I really appreciate the support you provide to this forum.
X2
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #16

Diagram

I have a PDF file of the wiring on my 2010 if that would help.

papap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #17

"Right now they're in the middle of a new floor plan and a major redesign."

On the Solera?
Onepasj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #18

I'm interested too if it is a Solera
Chris.W.Bratton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:37 PM   #19

Solera

Yes it's on a Solera. Just send me a message with you email. I did add it to library on here. But it has not showed up yet.

papap is offline   Reply With Quote