Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2018, 02:44 PM   #1
Walleye Extraordinaire

2018 268 rks

I know I seen the answer somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.

I have a 2018 268 RKS Vibe. Does anyone have a model # cover for a winter cover by chance?

Thanks in advance

WK
WalleyeKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:13 PM   #2

See this thread...

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ks-116033.html
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:20 PM   #3

Walleye, I picked up my 18’ 268rks today. I can’t figure out the water heater as far as how to run on electric and my awning lights. I flipped the switch in water heater door to on. I leave the switch on interior panel off to stay on electric right? The awning lights. Do they change colors and how? I didn’t get a remote for them. Should I? My walk thru was Terrible. The man was nice but knew nothing about the camper. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Jrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 08:28 PM   #4
Walleye Extraordinaire

Turning on the hot water heater using the electric is easy. Black switch in the hot water heater door at the back of the camper

You should have a remote for the awning lights. The remote is extremely hard to figure out. I don’t use it.

Turning on the outside lights is at the main control box. I believe it is the switch furthest to the right.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:38 PM   #5
Walleye Extraordinaire

Congrats on your purchase. We really love our 268. It is truly perfect

If you have anonother questions lemme know. I learned a lot about our unit the hard way. If I can make it easier for someone else I will.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:57 PM   #6

Jrod, I have not figured out the awning lites yet. I hate em. They change colors then go into a disco mode, embarasing to me. I am thinking about ripping the awning lites out and replace with a strip that is plain white. Also want to add strips to front cover and utilize the switch that controls lite on tongue jack.
hshaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 09:14 PM   #7

All, I had issues with remote as well. I have found that after changing batteries it seems to work a little better. It is programed to operate the slide, awning, inside lites and stabs. After you turn it on, wait a few moments then press and hold for couple seconds the SELECT button. From that point the remote cycles thru all the cycles. I also found you can be anywhere around camper and it works. You dont have to point towards anything. That said, I still dont use it that much because I want to see things working...how slide is moving, are the stabs going uo and down correctly, etc.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:43 PM   #8

Hi. As I have found. Our WH works on Electric and Gas. There is a switch at the WH that controls the electric, ON/OFF. If it is on and the breaker at the electric panel are on, then when you are hooked to 30, or 50 amp service the WH will be working. Be sure there is water in the WH. I uselessly make sure the breaker on the panel is off when setting up at site and when leaving. I can always go to gas when needed. (I do hate cold showers) As for the Gas use of the WH, as for all other things using the gas. it must have gas to operate, (Refrig, stove, heater and water heater) i will start the stove top eyes to make sure i Have gas there before starting the WH, Heater or such. I found that the Heater will stop trying to work after a few times then stop, if it does not see gas. (Boy a cold night. lesson learned) I drain my WH tank after every trip so I guess I am more prone to think about turning off the Electric WH. (only takes one heating unit replacement)
As far as the Lights, The IFred sensor is at the Panel. The little thing sticking out you may ask what does this do. It will not work outside as we would like. you must be fairly close AND the senor is not blocked. You will be going in and out the door to make sure it is the right way for you. (I have a 17 might be different on 18)
But LOVE my 268. By the way it is Freezing down here. it is all the way down to 40 now. Grin
beavertrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 02:22 PM   #9

Beavertrap, I have an 18 rks as well. I can pretty much guarantee the HW element wont last 30 seconds without water, I know. If you are talking about your remote not working outside the trailer, try replacing the batteries. I did and can operate all functions from the outside while standing beside the spare tire. As with you, I thoroughly enjoy our RKS.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:53 PM   #10

I got my RKS 2nd hand and have not found the remote for the slide or stabilizer jacks that I know of. Been learning most stuff here or from (the more expensive way) experience. I did not get a very good walk-through as you would expect. But The AC and heat works. I have gotten the oven to work. The Bed is short but so am I. Dump Black tank first. Get a Battery disconnect and take your time. Life is Good. I will say, boy there are a lot of P-traps on this thing. Don't forget the outside sink when Winterizing, (Experience) Grin
beavertrap is offline   Reply With Quote