Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-16-2020, 02:31 PM   #1

2019 Vibe 268RKS - tail light bulb replacements

Hello.
Looking to upgrade to LED bulbs on the TT. Has anyone done this and if so, what bulb did you use (model number) and once installed, any issues with them?
Thank you.
montelovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 03:51 PM   #2

I was looking at LED sets, but they're complete with the casings from amazon not just the bulbs
Old 01-20-2020, 12:13 AM   #3

They look similar...try this thread

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...d.php?t=199982
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:28 AM   #4

That thread seems to discuss the entire assembly. I was just looking to see if a pure replacement LED bulb could be found so that I can just swap out the old incandescent bulb with the new LED bulb. It appears there are quite a few 'models' of them and just wanted to know if someone did the replacement and which LED bulb type they used.
Old 01-20-2020, 02:26 PM   #5

1157 & 1156

I simply went on line and ordered replacement bulb # 1157 and #1156 for my FR TT. No problem installing. One bulb is "ON", and the other flashes twice and then stays lit. I'm hoping that flashing will attract attention.. While your at it, put in LEDs in your "interior" lights, bright and 1/10 the power
used !!
Stormy Dayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:00 PM   #6
D W

I installed a set of these:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sylvania-...of-2/160368256

You can find others that are cheaper on Amazon or eBay, but those are often cheap Chinese junk.

You have to make sure that your TV flasher will support LEDs otherwise you will run into problems such as hyperflash, or no flash. Flashers that support LEDs are available for some vehicles. If not, you'll have to install resistors.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 03:32 PM   #7

Bulbs

As DW stated, LEDs can cause flasher issues on older cars/trucks. I put Sylvania high output in tail/brake lights. I did add LED in the outside step and scare fixtures as we boondocks and it is a large savings on power. We have a V-front and only room for 1 battery, we carry a spare and solar.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:10 PM   #8

I went to Walmart and bought bulbs that were marked as replacement for 1034 (check the number on your existing bulbs and they worked fine in my v-cross. Make sure you get the bulbs that are the same color as the lenses I.e. red lenses get red bulbs otherwise they will be dimmer than regular bulbs.
Alleyantique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 08:39 PM   #9

What are the current bulbs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by montelovers View Post
Hello.
Looking to upgrade to LED bulbs on the TT. Has anyone done this and if so, what bulb did you use (model number) and once installed, any issues with them?
Thank you.
What is the number on the current bulb? You will have to take it out of its socket. It could be an 1157, 2057, 3057, or 3157, for example? There are LED direct replacements for each of these at Amazon, Walmart, Advance Auto, Autozone, and dozens of other sources.

The numbers above are for two-filament bulbs; dim for driving, bright for stop or turn. So you must also inspect the license plate lamp, High-Mounted-Stop-Light, and clearance marker lights, because each of those will be different. Make a shopping list.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 07:55 AM   #10

Thank you all for the replies. My trailer is not really accessible where it is parked for the winter which is why I was asking other Vibe owners what type of bulbs they had on theirs and if they replaced them with LED style bulbs and what the bulb number was. I'll just wait until the spring and pop mine out and go from there.

Tags
light, replacement, vibe