Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2020, 07:25 PM   #1

2020 Vibe 26RK

Hello,

I picked up our new/first trailer last month. I bought from a wholesale place in Ohio and had a 1000 mile drive back home. Drove through first snow and then rain most of the way back.

We are outfitting the vibe with everything we think we will need and I hope to take it out sometime at the end of this month.

Just wanted to stop in and say hi,

Troy
Attached Images

tesrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 04:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesrey View Post
Hello,

I picked up our new/first trailer last month. I bought from a wholesale place in Ohio and had a 1000 mile drive back home. Drove through first snow and then rain most of the way back.

We are outfitting the vibe with everything we think we will need and I hope to take it out sometime at the end of this month.

Troy
Welcome from Shreveport, LA. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we have ours.
hshaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 11:10 AM   #3

Enjoy and every trip you’ll find more to pack with you. In the winter freezing months I use 2-5 gallon buckets outside to wash dishes in because I don’t want to dewinterize mine until spring.
05 Chevy 2500HD 4x4 6.0
Wife W/3 rescue dogs & 12-16 chickens
Mandog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 12:51 PM   #4

Quote:
Hello,

Troy
We live in Olympia, WA and just purchased our Vibe 26RK from a wholesale dealer in Ohio. It is supposed to be built and shipped from the factory to the dealership on Friday, March 13th. Don't know if that's a bad thing or not! Anyway, delivery is expected to us by the end of the month. Your experience was good? Anything I really need to pay attention to? It is kind of scary not actually seeing it before it arrives at my home, but they promise tons of pictures of anything and everything I want to view on the trailer. No issues with yours I hope. Most people will probably say don't by an RV this way, but it was the only way I could find a trailer and get it with all the options we wanted.
CSchlegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 01:59 PM   #5

CSchlegel,

When I went to pick up my trailer I was up against time and the weather. I had to get back to work and it was going to snow that night so I had to get back south quickly.

If you are financing, be prepared to say yes or no to the number of add on's that they will try to sell you.

Spend as much time as you need to to understand where everything is and how to work it. Make them take covers off etc if need be. I did not get a manual tailored to my specific trailer, just a generic one. The online manuals are no better. I was rushed and missed a lot of things.

I bought my weight distribution hitch through them and they set it up when I got there. I know that it wasn't intentional, but the person who installed it didn't seem too confident about what he was doing (and I didn't know any better). I went through the instructions when I got home and it wasn't even close to being done correctly. I would suggest studying up before you go to at least be able to ask the right questions. It's a long drive back...

Everyone at the dealership were very nice and helpful. The trailer was indoors and plugged in to electric with heat/tv/etc running.

I've been out twice now and I haven't had any problems yet. Everything has worked as it should and I have no complaints about the build quality.

I went through the wholesaler because I was able to configure the trailer the way I wanted to and I also saved close to $5000 off the prices that I was seeing locally at the time.

Good luck with your purchase adventure.

Troy
Old 03-07-2020, 02:13 PM   #6

Thank you. Your experiences a comments make me feel more confident that this was a good idea. Also saved a ton of money, and you are corect, they will try to sell you lots of add on stuff. I'm going to be towing with our 2007 Toyota Tundra that handled our 31 foot bunkhouse trailer very well. I did add air springs and a better hitch. What are you towing with? I won't physically see our trailer until it is delivered to us in Olympia WA. We've had several trailers, but this is our first totally new one. We sold our old one last summer, so looking forward to getting out and camping again. Thanks for the response.
Old 03-07-2020, 03:28 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSchlegel View Post
Thank you. Your experiences a comments make me feel more confident that this was a good idea. Also saved a ton of money, and you are corect, they will try to sell you lots of add on stuff. I'm going to be towing with our 2007 Toyota Tundra that handled our 31 foot bunkhouse trailer very well. I did add air springs and a better hitch. What are you towing with? I won't physically see our trailer until it is delivered to us in Olympia WA. We've had several trailers, but this is our first totally new one. We sold our old one last summer, so looking forward to getting out and camping again. Thanks for the response.
Hello fellow Washingtonian! Sounds like you may have bought from RVW. If so, one of the co-owners is a member here. We almost bought from them back in 2006 and were going to meet the delivery driver halfway, to save on shipping costs.
If you didn't buy from RVW, contact FR for local dealers willing to do the warranty work. Or you can use an independent RV shops or mobile RV tech, you just have to get pre-approval from FR and be willing to be reimbursed.
We're currently on our annual "Find the Sun" tour and glad we're not around the insanity going on back home.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 07:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSchlegel View Post

I thought about having the trailer delivered to me but they wanted $1700 for that. I have the equalizer brand hitch. I don't have enough experience to say whether it's great or not, time will tell.

They have two versions of the vibe. Regular and the west coast version. For the 26rk I see no difference. Mine is the regular.

The big windows on both sides are really great. Both trips that i have been on so far were next to a lake and the views were really something.

I'll give you a tip I learned. The water heater bypass valves are behind a wooden panel at the front base of the bedroom closet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	224732  
Old 03-08-2020, 08:52 AM   #9

Quote:
Hello,

Troy
Welcome from Ohio, what dealer did you purchase from
Wonderful co-pilot
madatme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 04:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by madatme View Post
Welcome from Ohio, what dealer did you purchase from
Couches RV Nation.
Old 03-08-2020, 04:44 PM   #11

Welcome to the pack. We picked ours up last week.

All I can say is the same thing I said in the other thread I started.. A quality design, with quality parts, but unfortunately just kinda thrown together.

I'm adding to my other thread in a few moments.
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 06:29 PM   #12

Couches RV Nation Also..

Tags
vibe