RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 08-21-2020, 05:25 AM   #1

2020 Vibe 26RK

Hello everyone, We plan to check out a 2020 Vibe 26RK this weekend if the weather allows. Online we really like what we see, of course all that is in the Photoshop.
What are some of the things we should look out for on this line of trailers?
We really got burned with our Avenger.

Thanks
Old 08-21-2020, 05:52 AM   #2

We have an 18 Vibe and could not be more pleased. We had some issues initially but most everything has been repaired or replaced by me. Our 2 biggest issues were the blinds. Cheap. 2 were creased. Bought better ones from Lowes because I did not want same lack of quality. Be sure and upgrade to Whirlpool residential fridge and the larger air conditioner. Both are well worth the extra expense. There will be other small items that can easily be replaced so you have a better experience. Enjoy.

Harry
hshaynes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2020, 09:27 AM   #3

We purchased the 2020 Vibe 26RK in March of this year and so far are really happy with the trailer. We have had some issues that have been fixed under such as some ducting for the AC that wasn't hooked up correctly and we had a loose wire on the radio causing our inverter fuse to blow on our first trip. We love the layout of the trailer and now feel that we're settled in with everything and should have no other issues. We will replace the CR tires at some point. Make sure to hold the fridge closed when traveling as others have reported as the T handle isn't very tight. We replaced the mattress as well for comfort. I did purchase a More Ryde cord reel for the 50 amp cord as they are very heavy and this makes things so much easier to store and saves space. Overall I think you'll be happy with the trailer. Enjoy!!
Legman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 05:24 PM   #4

We couldn't come to an agreement on a price on the 2020 model that had been sitting on the lot for over a year. There was also an issue that it had been used as a parts trailer for to replace nonworking items on campers that had been sold. They still wanted full price and no extension on the one year warranty.
So, we drove forty-five minutes farther up the road and checked out a 2021 26RK with Upgraded features,(2nd A/C, power stabilizers, blackout roll down shades) and got a price that we feel was in line with what it should be. We hope to pick it up this coming weekend.
Old 09-07-2020, 05:32 PM   #5

I can't imagine buying a trailer that has been used as a 'parts trailer' at full price with no warranty. You were smart to run away.
Glad you found a new trailer that meets your needs.
Old 09-07-2020, 06:17 PM   #6

Yea, good for ya'll. Hope you will be as happy with your Vibe as we have been.
hshaynes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 07:08 PM   #7

You'll want the second A/C

We have a 2020 26RK. Been using it since May. The A/C, ours has only one, is all in to keep the interior below 80 if the camper is parked in direct sunlight. Bedroom doesn't stay as cool as we would like. If I were buying it again I would get one with double A/C. Beyond that it is pretty nice. We had a water leak at the shower faucet (inside the wall) that was a drag. Otherwise its pretty good.
Camping Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 01:04 PM   #8

We've had our 2020 26RK since April. We love it, wouldn't want anything else, but.... set your expectations low on craftsmanship. As I tell people all the time, great design, quality parts, thrown together.

99% of the things I found were small, and I easily not only fixed, but improved on the existing. As an example, we have the bench-style dining area (not the chairs) with the two nice drawers underneath... I fell through into the drawer the first time I sat at the table as they only used 1/4" ply. 5/8" ply fit actually better, and problem solved . That was probably the most major thing. The most annoying was that on the TV antenna connection where the booster is, ALL four cables were in the wrong spots. Not even sure how they didn't accidentally get one correct.

Regarding the AC, I can't imagine TWO units. Not on 30 amps, but it was in the 90's one day last week and I don't think the rig got over 70. There is a trick and that is using the vents on the bottom of the A/C. I wasn't really getting anything in the bedroom until I almost completely closed that big vent, then it was like a fan blowing on us in the bedroom. There are other vents in the main area on ours, along with the bathroom. Almost completely closing that main output, forces the air to come out ALL of the vents. I think I found the sweet spot after a little trial and error. However, it doesn't really get over mid 80's around here except for a weekend or so in the summer, so maybe I'm not the best judge. I know I have left the A/C on by accident on a 70 degree day, and it got down to the low 60's inside.
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 02:14 AM   #9

New 26RK and Fridge

We ordered a new 2021 Vibe 26RK from RVW in Ohio and will be driving out from North Carolina to pick it up in a few days. I have created a check list of items we will check when we do our acceptance inspection (see attached document). We have read all the horror stories on the BBB of people trying to get things fixed after you buy it so if we find any issues that need fixing we will not sign the loan papers and will leave it at the dealer until they fix everything. But we are hoping that all is well and we won't have to drive back home to North Carolina without our Vibe. This is our first RV so if I have left anything out of the checklist please let me know. Thanks.

We ordered the 50 amp service prewired for a 2nd AC so it will be easy to add another AC in if we need to.

Someone mentioned about upgrading the fridge on the Vibe 26RK but the new Vibes come with a new 12 fridge that is supposed to be really good and cools down very fast so I hope it will work great. I think this fridge only works on 12 and not on propane.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Trailer Inspection Checklist.docx (17.7 KB, 13 views)
TC of NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2020, 02:55 AM   #10

Your list looks great. A couple of items I would add...

Get a creeper and inspect from underneath the rig. They did a really good job of sealing where any hoses and such breached the barrier, but I did find a couple whereas an example three hoses went though, and it "looked" sealed, but if you looked straight up from underneath you could see the center between the hoses they missed on one set. Little stuff like that.

If you have the bench-style dinette with the drawers, make sure the wood under the seat pads is sturdy enough. They used 1/4 ply on ours and I actually fell into the drawer the first time I sat at the table.

Make sure your patio LED's are mounted nicely.

We love our stock fridge. It works on propane or power, the freezer freezes, the fridge cools... what more can you want.

Make sure the fridge and hot water heater both work in both electric and propane modes.

If you have an outdoor kitchen version, make sure you get the drawer for under the stove. You'll need the extra space.

Make sure the hitch is installed properly. You might bring your own torque wrench or rent one from AutoZone. Read the hitch manual yourself regardless. I found on ours (Fastway E2) that there is a break-in/settle period where you need to keep tighening the support and adjustment bolts after each trip. They will eventually not need it, but they will after the first few trips.

I did the same as you. I went over what I thought was everything with a fine tooth'ed comb, but I still found a bunch of stuff after the fact. Nothing that I couldn't fix quicker on my own, but still.

You're gonna love it..
Old 10-12-2020, 10:57 PM   #11

25 RK

We have a 2020 Vibe 25 RK. It was our first trailer and weve been very happy with it. Getting underneath it as someone mentioned is a good idea. The Vibe has an enclosed bottom however I found several cuts and holes that needed to be patched. The only problems so far has been a failed jack (first time out) which the dealer promptly replaced. We also had some window trim blow off the slide window and some trim start to come loose on the inside of the slide - easy fixes if Forest River could provide parts.

I also went through all the compartment locks and tighten them with lock-tite mid season since some were working loose. Otherwise no problems.

The Vibe pulls well and looks sharp. I hope your happy with it. FYI - upgrade the batteries if you plan any boondocking. The 12v fridge wont last long on a standard battery.
Vibe 25RK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 12:08 AM   #12

Upgrading Batteries

Vibe 25RK

What type of batteries do you recommend when upgrading? Maybe I should get a solar cell to charge the batteries when off grid.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:50 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibe 25RK View Post
FYI - upgrade the batteries if you plan any boondocking. The 12v fridge wont last long on a standard battery.
Doesn't your Fridge run on Propane too? Our's does.
Old 10-13-2020, 03:48 AM   #14

New 26RK and Fridge

I am not 100% certain but I believe the new 26RK fridge is 12 volt only
Old 10-13-2020, 08:29 AM   #15

Batteries

We went with 2 - 6 volt golf cart batteries in our 25RK. It requires two batteriy holders but fits fine. Our service tech said Lithium was not compatible with our Vibe and honestly I probably would not have spent the $$$. It seems to hold for a day or two but you or your service tech can do the math. A plug-in solar might help. Ive heard Walmart solar is less expensive than Furion.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C47CCBAD-1551-424B-AA0F-70DAFEE3D945.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	361.3 KB
ID:	241078  
Old 10-20-2020, 05:32 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibe 25RK View Post
We have a 2020 Vibe 25 RK. It was our first trailer and weve been very happy with it. Getting underneath it as someone mentioned is a good idea. The Vibe has an enclosed bottom however I found several cuts and holes that needed to be patched. The only problems so far has been a failed jack (first time out) which the dealer promptly replaced. We also had some window trim blow off the slide window and some trim start to come loose on the inside of the slide - easy fixes if Forest River could provide parts.

I also went through all the compartment locks and tighten them with lock-tite mid season since some were working loose. Otherwise no problems.

The Vibe pulls well and looks sharp. I hope your happy with it. FYI - upgrade the batteries if you plan any boondocking. The 12v fridge wont last long on a standard battery.

What do you pull your 25rk with?
Pezmogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:30 PM   #17

Vibe 25 RK

We pull it with a Mercedes 450 GL and have a Equal-I-zer weight distribution anti-sway/weight distribution hitch and it has airbags to level it. We have plenty of power but it could be more stable. It works fine for us around the Midwest. If we ever go cross country I think we would look at a 1/2 ton pickup or maybe 3/4 ton.
Old 10-25-2020, 01:08 PM   #18

Our new 2021 Vibe 26RK came with an Everchill 12v only fridge. I have no idea how many watts it uses I will look at the literature and see if I can find out. As for golf cart batteries is there a particular brand that performs better than others?
Crew Cab Long Bed
Z71 Duramax Diesel
Old 10-26-2020, 07:00 PM   #19

We have the 12v everchill fridge as well. One 12v battery will die after about 6 hours of the fridge running. Since we cant plug it in at home, we added a second 12v in parallel so we can maybe get 12 hours of run time. Good enough to turn on early in the morning before a trip to load and go.

Are 2 6volt golf cart batteries better somehow?
{Tpc} is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:32 PM   #20

We drove from Willow Spring NC to Lakeview Ohio (550 miles) and picked up our new Vibe 26RK on Thursday and we love it. It came with a 165 watt solar panel and two DieHard 24DC-1 Marine batteries 550 cranking amps. We may need to upgrade these in the future. I'm adding an inverter so we can watch the TV on battery power. We bought it from RVW and they had the best price by far and their customer service was great. It tows great very stable and no sway at all. We found that we did not need a WDH. Couldn't be happier.
Crew Cab Long Bed
Z71 Duramax Diesel

Tags
vibe