Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2021, 02:40 PM   #1

2021 forest river vibe 26rk

just purchased this model and will pick it up next weekend. Just looking to see if anyone else has one and how they perform. Happy,sad, or mad they purchased. Let me know first one out of the box for us. Thanks Greg gilbert
gibby778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:11 AM   #2

Welcome from Wisconsin. Congrats and enjoy your 2021 Vibe 26rk. Make sure you do a thorough PDI before signing any papers and handing over any more $. There's a checklist under the Library tab above. Anything wrong or you're not happy with have them fix it before you take possession.
Old 01-11-2021, 02:32 PM   #3

10 4. Thanks
Old 01-11-2021, 03:56 PM   #4

The 26RK is very similar to our 2018 268RKS. Most of the problems we have encountered were self inflicted. All in all we love ours. Roomy and comfortable. We have found that in cold climate, around mid 20s, the fireplace is about all we need to stay comfortable. I did get rid of the two chairs. They were comfortable to sit in but terrible on the recline. Also replaced the window shades with better quality. Also added window tint all around. Now if it would stop raining and snowing so I can get it out of the back yard.
Enjoy yours and by all means get a good PDI.
hshaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 04:11 PM   #5

10 4 and I hope we like it. Nice to hear the fireplace does produce some useful heat. Will do on the DPI
Old 01-24-2021, 10:26 PM   #6

We’ve had ours for about 4 months now. We love it! Very roomy and comfortable. Very good counter space in the kitchen.

We looked at a lot of different campers and layouts and feel this is the best one!

Happy camping!

Texas Trey
2021 Vibe 26RK
2021 F-150 Lariat 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
3.31 elect lock rr axle
6750# GVWR package
Texas Trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 10:29 AM   #7

You are going to love your new 26RK. We bought a 2021 model last October and have taken it out 5 times already. No problems with it other than sawdust (I like to think of it as confetti) all over the place. Had to get the shop vac out and clean everywhere. The interior room is so nice that when we go camping with friends and family they all come over to our Vibe for hanging out and for dinner. There are a few mods you are going to want to make right away. The first thing is go to Walmart and get a 2" gel foam mattress topper. Next is buy the gas lifts for under the bed to keep the storage bin open. Then get a Latch.It door window cover shade. You will also want to adjust the fold out couch legs to the longest setting so that the sofa bed doesn't lean downward. I'm not sure if we want to tint the windows or not. I love the clear glass and the great view, but they let a LOT of heat in. Also as someone else mentioned, the 2 chairs are not comfortable for me, but my wife loves them. Enjoy your 26RK!!!
farmerj0e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 05:57 PM   #8

26RK sofa bed

Thanks for the info on the sofa bed. We've only taken our trailer out once since we've had it(5 months) That's a story on it's on. And only had the sofa open about 5 minutes. We've been wondering what to do to raise the the foot of the bed.
Old 02-26-2021, 10:22 AM   #9

Vibe 26rk

We just brought ours home. It seems to have everything we want. A couple of items:
1) We cannot get a spec sheet to show exactly what is on our Vibe. There is a brochure and an owners manual but they are generic and both say things like “may include” or “most models come with.”
2) For some strange reason the I soor stove is propane but the outdoor kitchen which would seem to be conducive for boondocking is of all things equipped with an electrical induction burner.
Scottmwill54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 10:59 AM   #10
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmwill54 View Post
We just brought ours home. It seems to have everything we want. A couple of items:
1) We cannot get a spec sheet to show exactly what is on our Vibe. There is a brochure and an owners manual but they are generic and both say things like “may include” or “most models come with.”
2) For some strange reason the I soor stove is propane but the outdoor kitchen which would seem to be conducive for boondocking is of all things equipped with an electrical induction burner.
Hello and welcome to the forum!

A generic manual is about the best you can expect. There are no model specific owners manuals printed, published, distributed, or produced.
However, you should have gotten a bunch of owners manuals for the components in your unit (i.e. stove, fridge, TV, radio, furnace, etc.) but the brochure is your only list of what is or may be in your unit.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 11:29 AM   #11

Unless things have changed, there is usually a spec sheet that lists included items including manufacturer and model number.
An induction cooktop is definitely not boondock friendly cooking. You may have to carry a separate stove. I don't suppose they included a quick propane connect, did they?
Old 03-06-2021, 07:26 AM   #12

2021 Vibe

I wish there was a quick connect on our 26RK. The gas line terminates behind the rear bumper under the refrigerator. We have only been out in our new Vibe twice. and haven't even opened the outdoor kitchen. but I did use my Blackstone, Coleman stove, and Aussie Walkabout grill. LOL
Old 03-10-2021, 11:44 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hshaynes View Post
The 26RK is very similar to our 2018 268RKS. Most of the problems we have encountered were self inflicted. All in all we love ours. Roomy and comfortable. We have found that in cold climate, around mid 20s, the fireplace is about all we need to stay comfortable. I did get rid of the two chairs. They were comfortable to sit in but terrible on the recline. Also replaced the window shades with better quality. Also added window tint all around. Now if it would stop raining and snowing so I can get it out of the back yard.
Enjoy yours and by all means get a good PDI.
What is PDI?
fredoe61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 12:21 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredoe61 View Post
What is PDI?
Pre Delivery Inspection
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, vibe