Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2021, 04:11 PM   #1

2021 Vibe 21BH Review (after 1 year)

We purchased our 2021 Vibe 21BH a little over a year ago and as we are staying in it at the moment at Stagecoach RV in St. Augustine, FL, I decided I’d post a review after a year of ownership.

For some context to our previous RV ownership, we have owned a 39 ft TT, a 36 ft 5th wheel and most recent 2014-2019 a 2006 Journey 34H DP. So the last move from a 35 ft Diesel Pusher to our 26 ft Vibe was a major downsize and very different build level.

When I purchased the Vibe, I understood it was an entry level purchase, so did not have high expectations for built quality. I also Hosted a brand specific RV Owners forum (towables) from 2010 to 2020, so read many posts from owners about issues they had with their TTs and 5Th wheels, some build quality, some design issues and some component failures (3rd party suppliers). As a Forum Host and reader on a number of other RV related Forums, I understood that this industry is much different than the auto industry relative to quality, service and support. I’m afraid many first-time purchasers of RVs, especially entry level purchasers, make their Camper purchase and assume their experience after the sale for support and service will be similar to what they experience with their new car or truck. It’s Not the same!

My Vibe 21BH: While the build quality is the same as most other brand, lots of staples holding things together, poor fit of cabinets and trim, screws missing or not tight, black flush valves installed backwards, etc., my actual evaluation is based on failures. I am happy to say that after a year of ownership and about 7 trips ranging from 150 miles to 2200 miles, I have had great luck with my Vibe. Not once have I had to take it back to the dealer for warranty work or any service. Most of the work I have done on our Vibe has been ‘Mods’ to make it work better for us or correct some poor designs (ex Murphy Bed support).

Things I worried about that have not been a problem:

* The new Everchill 12v compressor Refrig. Since I do not boondock and had a residential refrig in our Class A, the Everchill was perfect for our travel style. But being a relatively new product and reading many posts of owners with similar 12 Compressor Refrigs that failed, I had concerns. This refrig has worked without any issues for a year now. It has never been turned off since I brought the coach home back in May 2020. When not traveling and the refrig is basically empty, I just drop the temp setting to #1 and let it run, the old saying use it or lose it. I set it back to #3 when traveling to maintain 36-38 box temp and -2 degrees in the freezer.

* Living on 30 amp. Ever RV I have owned until the Vibe was a 50 amp system (100 amp total capacity), so I did not have to manage what I plugged and ran. One of my first Mods was attempting to help with power management for the 3 big appliances, AC, Hot Water heater (I want to run it on the CG’s electric and not my Propane), and Microwave of which the rule is you can only run 2 on the 3 at a time on 30 amps. Here’s a link to this MOD

* Single AC keeping the camper cool in the Florida Summer heat. Fortunately, I was able to find a Vibe 21BH with the optional 15K AC opposed to the 13.5K standard. Our maiden Trip on June 25, 2020 was to Grand Oaks RV Resort south of Ocala, FL. It was between 95-99 each day, humid, and we had NO Shade and the Vibe’s AC had no problem keeping the inside at 76 or lower during the day.

* Tires – Castle Rocks (China Booms). This was a simple peace of mind solutions, as soon as I brought the Vibe Home I replaced the Castle Rocks with new Goodyear Endurance Tires. I just keep them covered when not traveling and maintain the correct air pressure and the tires are never a concern when we travel.

* Murphy Bed: We have had King Beds and RV Queen beds but they were always walk around, so I wasn’t sure I could ‘adjust’ to the Murphy Bed. The concept has a big plus, more living space in a small (lighter) travel trailer – my objective when looking for a TT. My DW complained about sometime under the mattress pushing up against her back. After looking at the layout I realize the Murphy Bed design in our Vibe had no bed platform/mattress support at the foot end of the bed. The bed platform just laid on the sofa cushions which was pour support and allowed the platform flex and to push the hinge up which was what my wife was feeling. I modified the platform and added two legs to the bed platform to support the platform/mattress rather than the sofa cushions. I made a big difference and eliminated the pressure point my DW was feeling. Here’s a Link to the Murphy Bed Leg MOD

Summary: We have adjusted to our Motorhome to 26 ft Vibe downsize and the more trips we have taken, including a recent 2200 mile trip, we have no regrets about our choice to purchase the Vibe 21BH. It has been a great home on wheels for us, allowing us to continue to travel as we had for years. The F150 and Vibe combination tows great, is comfortable, reliable and has so far exceeded my expectations.
Sorry it’s a long post!
-Russ
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07304 (Copy).JPG
Views:	107
Size:	353.6 KB
ID:	259609  
2019 F150 Screw, 6.5 bed, 3.5 Twin Turbo EcoBoost
w/ Trailer Tow Package - Yellow Sticker Payload : 1810 lbs. (sold)
RGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2021, vibe