Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2024, 07:37 PM   #1

2021 Vibe 26BH- 3 grey tank question

I recently bought a 2021 vibe 26bh. We took it out this past weekend and while we were camping I (naturally) kept a check on the tank levels. This is when the questions started. On the control panel there are the following: Gray 1, Gray 2, and Aux. Of course there is also the Black. (pictures below) Outside at the rear I noticed two gray tank handles with the black being behind the connector and between the gray tank valves. Up front there is a Galley tank and drain valve. The question is: what is connected to that second gray tank in the rear?

When we were preparing to leave, the gray 1 and Auxiliary tanks were showing full or 2/3 and the gray 2 was showing empty. I opened one of the gray tank valves at the rear and it was obviously the shower/bathroom water. I opened the 2nd gray tank valve back there and got about 1/2 gallon out of it. The galley valve, when opened, was obviously the Kitchen water. we saw the Aux gauge drop to E. We are still stumped about the 2nd tank if anyone has any ideas. It is not prepped for any washer that I have found. ---see pictures below--- It couldn't be the bathroom sink only could it?
Thanks in advance

RVs we also have currently:
2021 FR Gray Wolf 26DBH
2023 FR Sierra 38FKOK
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240506_200443.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	299478   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240506_200419.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	256.8 KB
ID:	299479   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240506_200545.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	305.8 KB
ID:	299480   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240506_200703.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	215.8 KB
ID:	299481  
ClemsonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 04:35 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebigler88 View Post
I am fairly certain the AUX tank is for the kitchen sink. As far as Gray 1 & 2, I'm still not sure which one goes to which (bathroom sink/shower). If anyone has detailed instructions on how to connect the gray tanks (assuming it is possible), please let me know.
I found this answer in a 4 year old post, but for those who would like to know here it is. I plan on testing the sink theory this weekend.

If that is the case, then adding another cutoff valve at the end of the dump connection and opening both rear gray valves should allow me to use both tanks for the shower. Cheers.

Old 05-16-2024, 08:10 PM   #3
Site Team

Just because the panel says there atr 2 gray tanks, doesn't mean your RV has 2 gray tanks.
RV manufacturers use that same panel on many different RVs. Some have 2 gray tanks and some don't.
The panel in my TT, showed Gray Tank 1 and Gray Tank 2.
There was no Gray Tank 2.
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 10:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Just because the panel says there atr 2 gray tanks, doesn't mean your RV has 2 gray tanks.
RV manufacturers use that same panel on many different RVs. Some have 2 gray tanks and some don't.
The panel in my TT, showed Gray Tank 1 and Gray Tank 2.
There was no Gray Tank 2.
I appreciate the interest, but if you look at the pictures of the tank valves there are 2 gray tank valves and 1 black valve in the rear, and 1 gray tank valve in the front for the galley tank. In this case, there are 3 and they all show readings on the panel.
Old 05-24-2024, 05:40 AM   #5

We just purchased a 2021 Salem Hemisphere. Ours has the same set up with three gray tanks. There are 2 outlets for the tanks similar to your set up. The outside sink makes up the 3rd tank.
KKonyha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2021, question, tank, vibe