Old 10-09-2019, 03:42 PM   #1

268RKS where is the refrigerator plug located?

Hi, Can anyone tell me where the refrigerator plug is located on a 268RKS? I'm assuming that the OEM chord / plug is still on the refrigerator and that there is a wall socket located somewhere in the walls or behind a panel. Do I need to remove the refrigerator to get at the plug?

I'm asking because I would like to wire in a switch to shut the refrigerator off so that it does not run on 12V.

Shutting the breaker off to the refrig kills power to most of the trailer. I want to add a switch to isolate the refrigerator and turn it off so that it does no run from the converter.

bjaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 04:04 PM   #2
Head Rambler

Assuming that that's A Vibe 268RKS, you need to tell us which fridge you have?

If it's a dual source (propane & electric) then the receptacle will be located behind the lower grill outside.

Also in order for it to run it has to have 12 volts all the time. Hopefully you meant 120 volts and it was just a typo.

Old 10-09-2019, 04:37 PM   #3
Retired Old Fart

Assuming you find the point to insert your switch (likely at the back and bottom of the fridge - open the lower vent panel and find where the 12v enters), I would run wires from there to place your actual switch inside the trailer. I would put it in some location that is not going to accidentally switched off, but is still fairly easy to access from inside.

And yes, like said above, it does require 12v to run, but if you want it totally off that is not an issue.
dward51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 05:01 PM   #4
D W

Without knowing what Type/Model frig you have, I couldn't even begin to guess. Need more info to help you out.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 01:03 PM   #5

We have the Vibe 268RKS too adn if it's the residential version that you have (mine is the Samsung), then the plug is behind the refrigerator and mounted right on the outside wall. That's for the 120 volt version. To get to it, you have to pull the refrigerator out. Surprisingly enough, that model is so light in weight, I was able to lift it out of the enclosure and put it on the floor on my own. Empty, probably weighed less than 50lbs (by feel that is). I took the doors off first , unscrewed the front two leg pads from the mount and out it came. The back 'feet' are wheels.
montelovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:24 PM   #6

Try looking in the back of any cabinets next to the fridge. The wire on my residential fridge goes through a hole in the inside of the side cabinet where the 120 outlet is located

Tags
cat, refrigerator