Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2017, 10:58 AM   #21

Our 365 has 2 tanks as we have a 1/2 bath on the rear. The rear tank is kitchen and rear 1/2 bath and the front tank is the full bath and shower. We also have 2 separate drain valves.
TV: 2016 GMC 3500 Denali - Motor Ops Tuned
Days Camped 2016: 28
Days Camped 2017: 25 so far
DocGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:48 PM   #22

Outside kitchen sinks drain on ground?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
That's pure unadulterated hogwash. I know of no campground, private or Government owned, that permit the arbitrary dumping of waste water on the ground. They have sewer connections and dump stations for those purposes. If a dealer told you that it speaks volumes about their character.
My guess is they were talking about the outside kitchen "sinks" that have hot/cold water but no drain. Those types of "sinks" have a plastic sink pan without a drain. You have to take that pan and dump it out somewhere.

With my use of quotes around "sink" I'm sure you can tell that I don't really approve of calling those sinks, as it's more of an outside faucet. However they don't just drain onto the ground.

Of course just because I've never seen one doesn't mean they don't exist. Plus i'm sure someone, someplace, has drilled holes the bottom of the pan so it does drain.
Boondockin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:02 PM   #23

I have the same camper. There is 3 gray water tanks on the 323. The indoor kitchen has one, the bathroom has on and the third in for the outside kitchen. Only the kitchen and bathroom has tank valve inductor on the panel.
Snacks1340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:51 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimanb2 View Post
Hi. We just purchased a 2017 Vibe 323qbs. Could someone explain the grey water tanks to me please? The one tank seems to fill up but the other tank stays empty. What is the second tank for?

We purchased our TT last year When emptying tanks, I too had an empty grey water tank. Found out I also have a galley tank from kitchen sink. It has it's own line to the sewer. So I have galley, grey and black. Grey and Black is usual hook up. I ended up spending a lot more money in order to connect galley to one sewer line Had to by a y-hookup, more line. The worst part is to get to open the drain. It is located under the middle of the trailer at the slide. I have to literally crawl under the side. The other problem -- my grey tank is rarely full enough to flush line. It is the worst design in my mind. Thinking about redesigning and hooking into grey tank .
krhpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:33 AM   #25

our trailer has two grey tanks. one is for sinks and shower and the other is dedicated to the washer prep. we do not have a washer so this tank is completely unused. luckily both grey tanks drain through a common sewer connection so I intend to put another valve on the sewer outlet and open both installed grey tank valves to allow grey waste to flow between the two grey tanks and double our grey tank capacity.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:40 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhpee View Post
... I also have a galley tank from kitchen sink. It has it's own line to the sewer.....
That's somewhat annoying. I was looking at a Vibe 315bhk, and unless I missed it, there is only a single sewer outlet.

I've seen tips on here to get an additional gate valve and put it on the sewer outlet. Then open both gray tank valves so the tanks equalize, but nothing comes out. Nice idea if you don't have sewer at the site and don't fill the grey tanks equally. Not having them connected to the same outlet isn't as nice. Though I'd guess it's due to the location and angle they can put the pipes at, without hitting the ground as you drive along!
Old 04-11-2017, 08:44 AM   #27
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondockin View Post
My guess is they were talking about the outside kitchen "sinks" that have hot/cold water but no drain. Those types of "sinks" have a plastic sink pan without a drain. You have to take that pan and dump it out somewhere.

With my use of quotes around "sink" I'm sure you can tell that I don't really approve of calling those sinks, as it's more of an outside faucet. However they don't just drain onto the ground.

Of course just because I've never seen one doesn't mean they don't exist. Plus i'm sure someone, someplace, has drilled holes the bottom of the pan so it does drain.
I know of a CG that doesn't have sewer hookups for the seasonal campers. Black water tanks are taken care of with a honey wagon.

For gray water you have to dig a hole in the ground and put a 5-gallon bucket upside down in the hole. Then cut a hole in the bottom of the bucket and run a hose from the trailer to the bucket. Gray water valves always stay open and the water just drains right into the ground.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 09:56 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
...For gray water you have to dig a hole in the ground ..... Gray water valves always stay open and the water just drains right into the ground.
WOW, I'm surprised by that. Mind if I ask what state that CG is in? Were I'm used to going that wouldn't be allowed, much less recommended.

However that solution would be something the RV owners do, not the way the RV was designed. This thread had been discussing RV's being built specifically to dump grey water on the ground.

I would be very surprised if there are modern RV's built to only dump grey water on the ground. I'm actually curious, do you/anyone know of any examples of RV's built that way?
Old 04-11-2017, 11:09 AM   #29
Site Team

Quote:
WOW, I'm surprised by that. Mind if I ask what state that CG is in? Were I'm used to going that wouldn't be allowed, much less recommended.
Illinois

Quote:
However that solution would be something the RV owners do, not the way the RV was designed. This thread had been discussing RV's being built specifically to dump grey water on the ground.

I would be very surprised if there are modern RV's built to only dump grey water on the ground. I'm actually curious, do you/anyone know of any examples of RV's built that way?
I had a pop-up once that didn't have a gray water holding tank. There was a connection to hook up a hose to drain it into a bucket or a tote tank or whatever.

I've also seen the sink in a OK that didn't have a drain at all. It was basically just a plastic basin. I imagine 9 times out of 10 the water in it simply gets dumped onto the ground. Although I'm not sure if that's the intended design.

As far as what the dealer told the OP though? That doesn't sound right.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 04:40 PM   #30

There a way to edit a post?

I picked up the 315BHK, and during the delivery found the 2nd grey water outlet under the slide out.

While I can deal with the 2nd place to plug my stinky slinky into, my post above is incorrect.

The rear grey and black on on a single port, the front grey tank is on it's own port.

Quote:
That's somewhat annoying. I was looking at a Vibe 315bhk, and unless I missed it, there is only a single sewer outlet.
Old 07-06-2017, 10:18 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimanb2 View Post
Oh ok. I guess it only has one then because we've been using the kitchen sink and the shower and only one is filling up? How would I find out for sure whether mine has two tanks? Everything on the bottom of my camper is covered with a sheet of plastic and not exposed.. I can't seem to find a maintenance manual for my exact camper all these Owner Manuals are just generic
Simple. Do you have 1 or 2 grey dump valves. If you only have 1 = 1grey tank. If you have 2 grey valves to pull = 2 grey tanks.
southpaw821 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank