Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2022, 12:06 PM   #1

Air Conditioning Vibe 25RK

We have a 2021 Vibe 26RK with one air conditioner. It is wired and braced for the second one. Can we get by with the single, or do we need to go ahead and have the second one installed ?
ranger1055 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 12:13 PM   #2

No. Especially if it is a 13.000 btu unit.

Unless all of you travel is done in times when ac is not really necessary.

We live in Dayton Ohio. North of you.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 08:05 PM   #3

As a 26RK owner, if you have the means get the 2nd A/C. Those big windows on the RK let in all kinds of heat even with reflective insulation covering the sun side. I also like the peace of mind of having 2 should one go bad a thousand miles from home. Happy travels!
Old 08-07-2022, 09:44 PM   #4

I have 2022 with 15 btu. Will freeze you out and strong ac to me is a must.
Speedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 02:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkatb View Post
No. Especially if it is a 13.000 btu unit.

Unless all of you travel is done in times when ac is not really necessary.

We live in Dayton Ohio. North of you.

Hi
We have a 25 RK, I put second air conditioner myself. It was a easy install, just cut the ceiling where the frame bracing is already installed,the cut out, set new air conditioner over opening and everything else is done inside. A easy installation.

Pepsione1
Vibe26rk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 08:40 AM   #6

Some things we did to our vibe 28bh. Install RV Air Flow in the main ac unit that is 15000 btu. Slide topper, seal plumbing penetrations through floors, insulate with foam panels where cargo and living spaces join. Installed pillow inserts for skylights. Tinted windows with ceramic tint. In general ,try to seal up the trailer and block as much heat from entering living spaces as possible. Cost does add up and could exceed the price of just adding another unit. It depends on if you are going to do it yourself or hire it done. We rarely run the second unit here in Central Texas and these upgrades also add benefit for camping in cooler months. Just to clarify-Texas-110degrees-no shade-we do run the second unit. Hope this helps.
Powertripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 08:57 AM   #7

X2 on what Powertripp said

if you can get a good infrared camera or thermometer and measure heat differences to find air leaks ... or just use your hands to feel around your roof / walls and floors

slides are usually bad on insulation and seals
slide topper or park under shade.
seen some posts to add silver reflective material to slides?

once you have done the best you can decide if you have to go TEXAS or FLORIDA in summer ...

I hate summer in FL.... bought the trailer to go find the cooler less humid summers.
Old 01-12-2023, 03:43 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger1055 View Post
We have a 2021 Vibe 26RK with one air conditioner. It is wired and braced for the second one. Can we get by with the single, or do we need to go ahead and have the second one installed ?
If you do any camping in the south or southeast in the summer then having that second ac is a must. I have the 26rk and they manufacture those with the lone 15000 btu unit. That will not get it on this vibe and is a major reason many trade their vibes in. I insisted on 50 amp service and the second ac over the bedroom. Even with a second ac it barely kept up with the heat load in South Carolina in july.
fredoe61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 05:08 PM   #9

Thanks everyone ,,, we went ahead and put the second unit on ...
ranger1055 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioning, vibe