Size:	144.6 KB
ID:	205804

RolltideRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 12:32 PM   #2

Crickets!🤣

Old 05-30-2019, 01:25 PM   #3
Site Team

I think that asking only Vibe owners of two specific models, kinda narrows down possible responses.
And the Arvika system is very expensive, compared to other A-frame mounted racks and they're hard to find in the US.
I would've posted this in the General TT/5th Wheel Discussion section.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 02:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
I think that asking only Vibe owners of two specific models, kinda narrows down possible responses.
And the Arvika system is very expensive, compared to other A-frame mounted racks and they're hard to find in the US.
I would've posted this in the General TT/5th Wheel Discussion section.

Well since those are the models that have the same front nose itís about as diverse as I want to get. The nose so is short on room and access to the tanks. Lol! The company said it will work if anyone is interested. Yess under 1k but for 4 bikes min work to bring Iím down with it as long as it fits. Thanks for response but the general posting wouldnít have answered my question.
Old 05-31-2019, 02:40 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolltideRoo View Post
Well since those are the models that have the same front nose itís about as diverse as I want to get. The nose so is short on room and access to the tanks. Lol! The company said it will work if anyone is interested. Yess under 1k but for 4 bikes min work to bring Iím down with it as long as it fits. Thanks for response but the general posting wouldnít have answered my question.
Understand. I was just addressing your Crickets post.
As an avid cyclist for most of my 65 years, I've read every bicycle-related post I can find.
At one time, the Arvika system was the only A-frame mounted bike rack system. But they are expensive and not very available in the US. So, for those reasons, the Arvika has never been that popular. It's cheaper to pay someone to weld and brace a 2" receiver to the rear of the trailer, then use a regular bike rack, like Swagman.
Now there are a number of more affordable A-frame rack systems available.
I would NEVER put my bikes on the rear of my trailer. But I can carry mine in the truck bed or I have a Swagman ball mount 3 bike folding rack that attaches to the truck's step bumper.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 04:18 PM   #6

I have a Tig welder and did a receiver hitch to my last TT to the frame, it carried 3 bikes most the length of Florida for 2 years no issues. Neighbor bought and itís still doing fine 2 years later. I donít want to put them on the back, Arvika is available through order from them. Yes very expensive and I may end up fabbing a set up in front but want the 4 bike carrier no one else provides on the front. I can put 4 in the back of my truck under the tonneau cover but getting tired of the extra work involved. 1K seems expensive but since no one else does a 4 bike then so be it.
Old 08-03-2019, 11:07 AM   #7

I can attest that you DONíT want to put a multi bike rack on the bumper. I made that mistake and wound up dragging my bikes down the highway then the bumper partially detached and pivoted down. 45 degrees. I have since welded the bumper into place with additional gussets but still limit the weight I put on the rear bumper.
bjaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:14 PM   #8

Only way to do is to attach a class style receiver to the frame of the trailer in two different spots on both sides. I did that on my Roo and 4 years no issues, my neighbor still owns and uses with 3 bikes. But H E double hockey sticks NO on the bumper!
Old 08-03-2019, 12:16 PM   #9

I ended up getting a Stromberg front gifted to me, so now to fab up a rack that will work with the limited space the nose on the 313 gives!

Tags
vibe