Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2021, 02:20 AM   #1

Does anyone have a WORKING e-mail address for contacting Forest River?

The Contact page is not functioning. When you submit, it says page not found. The e-mail addresses provided on the site for Sales and Service, do not exist and bounce back any e-mails sent to them. Even the e-mail address for owners to contact them is not functioning.

Are they going out of business? I did notice that more than half of their models suddenly were marked as "Temporarily Unavailable" yesterday.
Ronaldus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 02:57 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldus View Post
The Contact page is not functioning. When you submit, it says page not found. The e-mail addresses provided on the site for Sales and Service, do not exist and bounce back any e-mails sent to them. Even the e-mail address for owners to contact them is not functioning.

Are they going out of business? I did notice that more than half of their models suddenly were marked as "Temporarily Unavailable" yesterday.

Can you provide links to what contacts you are referring to?

I just checked several and found no problems. I am guessing you are referring to a Vibe based on this post from your other thread about buying one in around 3 years from now:

Quote:
There are multiple reasons for the timing, but there is no uncertainty about the timing or the fact that I will buy one. I have time to do some research and I am going to put it to good use. No Vibe has everything I want, but there may be a way to fix that. That's what I want to know. The 31ML is my favorite, but is missing a dinette, which I consider crucial. Is there a way to have a 31ML made with a dinette in place of the recliners? If so, will it fit fine in the slide out? I would gladly accept table and chairs if the booth is impossible.

Another feature that I want for certain is a washer and dryer hookup. Therefore, if the 31ML cannot be outfitted with a dinette, I would choose the 28RB. The 28RB has everything I want except it is smaller than the 31ML. For instance, the bedroom does not slide out. Everyone has to admit that the bedroom of the 31ML is pretty amazing.

Anyway, my whole future is so much brighter if I can just find out if it is possible to swap out the recliners that I would never use with a dinette (of some sort) that I would always use in the 31ML.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 03:24 AM   #3

Yes, Vibe. And yes, you can get to this page. The problem occurs when submitting a question or when trying to e-mail the provided e-mail addresses. The e-mails bounce, because the addresses do not exist.

https://www.forestriverinc.com/rvs/c...gionSelected=1
Old 09-26-2021, 08:13 AM   #4
Site Team

I sent an email to someone who would be in a better position to know who is on the same email server (it did NOT bounce back for me). Will find out later if it's on their end or maybe yours.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 10:55 AM   #5

Thanks. I know it isn't on my end, because I have several ends. By that I mean several computers with several different browsers on several different networks and I have confirmed that my sending of e-mails is working. Having worked in IT since the late 80s, I am pretty sure I know a little about computers and e-mail. hehe I am literally only looking for a legitimate way to contact them, because I can guarantee that the ones on the link I provided are not functional.
Old 09-26-2021, 01:26 PM   #6

Good luck. They seem to have a problem answering emails. I’ll never buy another FR product
sailtrkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 01:55 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailtrkr View Post
Good luck. They seem to have a problem answering emails. I’ll never buy another FR product
It's not just Forest River. Numerous companies are making choices on where to assign work to employees that show up at work during the "Covid Disruption". Many people who would normally be responding to e-mails from their office, while connected to the company's computer system, are now working from home and things often don't work as well.

I don't find it all that unusual today for companies to be slow, or non-responsive, to e-mail inquiries. Even companies that were great in doing so in the past.

As for never buying another FR product, for me that's an easy choice. I really like my current TT and it should last me for the rest of my RV'ing days.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 02:16 PM   #8
Enjoying Life

Every email and phone call I have done with FR (Rockwood division) has been answered quickly and with positive results.

2006 Durango HEMI

TeachTexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 04:07 PM   #9

If others can reach them...

Quote:
Yes, Vibe. And yes, you can get to this page. The problem occurs when submitting a question or when trying to e-mail the provided e-mail addresses. The e-mails bounce, because the addresses do not exist.

If others can reach them and you cannot, it's often a DNS issue. When DNS is changed, it can take hours to propagate the change across the internet. The solution is usually to wait 12-24 hours and try again.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 04:17 PM   #10

A couple weeks ago I emailed them from their website about replacing a cabinet. Got a reply in 2 days. Just used the "contact us "email address.
wz3mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 05:23 PM   #11

Phone?

Quote:

When I opened that page, I also saw a name and phone number for Sales:
Autumn Hershberger
(574) 533-6673
ahershberger@forestriverinc.com

How did the phone number work for you (during the week, of course)?
Old 09-26-2021, 07:13 PM   #12

Quote:

The last thing to EVER become availible...is a Manufacturers phone number or Email...THAT THEY WOULD ANSWER ! Put your inquiery in envelope to " Elfs at North Pole....got a better chance !
juice5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 08:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
When I opened that page, I also saw a name and phone number for Sales:
Autumn Hershberger
(574) 533-6673
ahershberger@forestriverinc.com

How did the phone number work for you (during the week, of course)?
I haven't tried the phone number yet. I will tomorrow. That e-mail address just bounces.
Old 09-27-2021, 09:41 AM   #14

Quote:
I haven't tried the phone number yet. I will tomorrow. That e-mail address just bounces.
I just sent a test email to that address. Works fine for me.
You might want to check your device settings, reboot it, contact your email administrator. I also worked in IT for 35+ years
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 07:37 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
I just sent a test email to that address. Works fine for me.
You might want to check your device settings, reboot it, contact your email administrator. I also worked in IT for 35+ years
if he's actually getting a bounce but other emails are going through it's more likely his domain or his address has gotten stuck on a MX blacklist somewhere
Mechcondrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 07:44 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechcondrid View Post
if he's actually getting a bounce but other emails are going through it's more likely his domain or his address has gotten stuck on a MX blacklist somewhere
One of many possibilities, I agree. An email/network administrator should be able to deep trace and help him figure it out.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 08:02 PM   #17
Casual Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachTexas View Post
Every email and phone call I have done with FR (Rockwood division) has been answered quickly and with positive results.
X2. About 3 weeks ago I emailed Anthony Yoder at Forest River with a question on a Sunday afternoon. I had a response within a couple of hours. On a Sunday.
RV - 2021 Rockwood 2608BS
Ex-tenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 08:21 PM   #18

I have emailed Forest River a number of times in the past and have had a response within 24 hours.

Dan and Carol
2019 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/4x4/long box
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway 38FLX
Full timers since May 2019
Axeman49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 09:16 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
It's not just Forest River. Numerous companies are making choices on where to assign work to employees that show up at work during the "Covid Disruption". Many people who would normally be responding to e-mails from their office, while connected to the company's computer system, are now working from home and things often don't work as well.

I don't find it all that unusual today for companies to be slow, or non-responsive, to e-mail inquiries. Even companies that were great in doing so in the past.
I agree. So many employees are still working from home...with bad phone connections, kids and dogs in the background, often unable to access the information that they would have no problem with if in the office using the company computer. It isn't reasonable to expect the same service we got pre-Covid - people are trying to do more work covering for missing employees, with half the resources. It is totally demoralizing for the employees who are trying hard but apologizing all day long, and taking the brunt of angry, impatient frustrated customers.
Irene D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 09:34 PM   #20

Never hurts to have two

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
One of many possibilities, I agree. An email/network administrator should be able to deep trace and help him figure it out.
Never hurts to have two or three email addresses on different domains. Can always try with another one.

Tags
forest river