Old 04-15-2020, 12:56 PM   #1

Happy with your Vibe?

Looking at options for a TT. Have any of you had major issues with your Vibes? What are your thoughts on overall quality and performance?
optimusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 04:47 PM   #2

Happy with my 2017 268RKS. If had some minor things break but that comes with the territory. I recently saw a brand new Vibe and it appears that theyve cheapened the product compared to what they used to produce. Im not 100% certain thats accurate but its what I observed.
bjaspud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 04:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimusprime View Post
Looking at options for a TT. Have any of you had major issues with your Vibes? What are your thoughts on overall quality and performance?
We have an 18, 268RKS. Overall, We really like this particular model. Some issues with lack of workmanship quality. I doubt any of the plants have vacuums as I am still finding shavings and dust from production. Gaping holes instead of drilling correct size.
We have had no problems with the appliances, toilet, shower, etc.
I had to add a 3 inch foam pad to short queen bed. The one thing I do not like is the dinet seating. Will be replacing with REC PRO before long.
This sucker is 35 ft. long but I have had no problems backing into spots or towing.
Just be sure you purchase from a good dealer.

Harry
hshaynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 09:30 PM   #4

What kind of workmanship stuff are you finding faulty? Seems like its sort of universal for trailers?
Old 04-18-2020, 09:48 PM   #5

You are correct. There is not much quality during the construction process. For me, it was finding dust in all the nooks and crannys. Kitchen counter is L shapped. Below the sink is an electrical outlet. In order to use it, I had to add bracing to the back side to keep the wood panneling from caving in. Plumbing from kitchen runs down behind the outdoor kitchen. I found about a 4 inch hole for running 2 inches of pipe and tubing. Took 1/3 can of foam to seal it.
Some of the screws holding the fairing together had no back up. I added #10 sheet metal screws and used flat tinnerman clips to keep screws tight.
The dinette seating is really poor in design and construction. That will soon change.
The shades were terrible. I replaced mine with higher quality ones. Sharp corners everywhere. Added corner protectors from HD.
Again, overall, I have been extremely pleased with ours. I simply decide what I want to change and go for it....with DWs permission of course.

Harry
Old 04-18-2020, 09:50 PM   #6

Feel free to PM me if you need additional information.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:45 PM   #7

We have a 2016 268RKS and have not had one issue. Only concern was location of the batteries - hard to reach even to check water level. I had to add a battery disconnect because it’s almost impossible to take batteries out. I see the newer models have the disconnects included. Other than that, we are extremely pleased with the unit. Can I ask what are the owners with the 268RKS, what is your tow vehicle. I have a 2016 Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi with towing capacity oh 10,500 lbs.
jakeb0504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 07:18 PM   #8

Happy with my 2017 268RKS . minor things but was able to fix them my self ,one was the slide out fuse keep blowing so i replace it with a 20 amp Circuit Breaker now i dont have the problem , i replace it 2 years ago
I have 2007 dodge ram 2500diesel
madtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 07:30 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeb0504 View Post
We have a 2016 268RKS and have not had one issue. Only concern was location of the batteries - hard to reach even to check water level. I had to add a battery disconnect because its almost impossible to take batteries out. I see the newer models have the disconnects included. Other than that, we are extremely pleased with the unit. Can I ask what are the owners with the 268RKS, what is your tow vehicle. I have a 2016 Dodge Ram 5.7 Hemi with towing capacity oh 10,500 lbs.
I started with an 09 Titan. Pulled ok but short distance stopping was an issue. Traded it for a 17 F250 Supercab 4 x 4 6.2L with 6 speed tranny. Gaser. It does a superb job pulling and braking. Mileage is anywhere between 10 and 11 with trailer and 12 around town.

Harry
Old 04-20-2020, 08:30 AM   #10

We are very happy with our 2016 250BHS. This was our first ever trailer so nothing to really compare it to but overall we are very pleased. We’ve had a few issues but I think they are pretty normal when you own a trailer. Only major one was the refrigerator drain tube was not hooked up properly so it warped all the wood around it and on the entertainment center. Warranty covered the replacement so that was good. I would consider buying another one in the future. Feel free to message me if you have any specific questions.
LJS1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 07:20 AM   #11

Remember, fix what you can and avoid the dealership if it is something you can fix. Do not get into the mentality of I paid for this and they will fix it under warranty. As you are right, and yes they/dealership will fix it in time, but it will take away from you 2-3 months of camping and constant back and forth.
Moosey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 12:57 PM   #12

I have a 2016 268RKS and quite pleased with the setup with a few small issues. One concern Is location of batteries. Nice they are in the storage area but the access door to the batteries is very small and difficult to check water. If and when it’s time to replace batteries, removing them will be a challenge. Make sure there’s a battery disconnnect - I had to install my own.
jakeb0504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 01:16 AM   #13

I have a 2018 VIBE 313BHS and we are pleased with it. It has a lot of room for my wife and me, and we have had my daughter, her husband, and three kids with us for 3 three days. We were relatively comfortable with that many people. We do not tow this TT anywhere; it is stationary on some property that we own in the Texas hill country. It has been there for two years.

We have had a few minor problems that I had to take care of. When we bought it the thermostat did not work. It took three iterations until we were able to use it. Recently we had some plumbing issues. The cold water line for the outdoor kitchen sink was leaking...we found it because we had a mouse under the outdoor kitchen counter, and we removed the "inspection panels". Luckily I simply tightened the fittings on the faucet and it stopped leaking. It looked like it had been leaking for a long time, however. Then we had a leak under the bathroom lavatory. After putting some teflon pipe dope on the fitting, and hand tightening it, it stopped leaking. Our last leak was the drain on the outdoor kitchen sink drain. I was able to tighten it and stop the leak.

If you haven't removed all inspection panels to check for leaks, you should do so. This is also an opportunity to vacuum the massive amount of wood shavings and sawdust left by the manufacturer.

All in all, we are happy with our VIBE travel trailer.
Rtrahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 04:17 PM   #14

We love our 2020 Vibe 26RK However,.....

I look at this way. Great layout, quality (for the most part) parts, good design, LOUSY EXECUTION. If it was a house, I'd say it has "good bones."

I just keep telling myself, I didn't pay 50K+ for it, and I'm happy to do little things. Just off the top of my head...
  • Add springs to the doors over the bed
  • Add motion sense LED's to the cabinets
  • Replace the wood under the seats of the dinette with 5/8" ply instead of the 1/4" that I fell through the first time I sat at the dinette.
  • If possible, when a wall socket is on a panel that can be removed, glue a piece of thin ply to the back to make it solid and not wobbly.
  • Put felt pads on the bottom of the chairs.
  • Replace the child-size toilet with an adult-sized toilet.
  • In the closets where the hanger bar is, remove the lower screw and swivel the bar up so you can actually hang stuff in the closet and put things on shelf below what's hanging.
  • Make a little support bar to use when getting at storage under bed because anything as much as a pillow or sheet on the bed and the shocks aren't enough to hold up the lid.
  • Replace the heater ducts with ones that have louvers that allow regulating the air flow.
  • Replace door knob on bedroom door so bathroom door can open completely even if the bedroom door is open.
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 07:34 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdinova View Post
We love our 2020 Vibe 26RK However,.....

I look at this way. Great layout, quality (for the most part) parts, good design, LOUSY EXECUTION. If it was a house, I'd say it has "good bones."

I just keep telling myself, I didn't pay 50K+ for it, and I'm happy to do little things. Just off the top of my head...
  • Add springs to the doors over the bed
  • Add motion sense LED's to the cabinets
  • Replace the wood under the seats of the dinette with 5/8" ply instead of the 1/4" that I fell through the first time I sat at the dinette.
  • If possible, when a wall socket is on a panel that can be removed, glue a piece of thin ply to the back to make it solid and not wobbly.
  • Put felt pads on the bottom of the chairs.
  • Replace the child-size toilet with an adult-sized toilet.
  • In the closets where the hanger bar is, remove the lower screw and swivel the bar up so you can actually hang stuff in the closet and put things on shelf below what's hanging.
  • Make a little support bar to use when getting at storage under bed because anything as much as a pillow or sheet on the bed and the shocks aren't enough to hold up the lid.
  • Replace the heater ducts with ones that have louvers that allow regulating the air flow.
  • Replace door knob on bedroom door so bathroom door can open completely even if the bedroom door is open.
aha, I think this is ironic. I too have a 26rk and did literally everything you said here.

Took me about half a trip to know everything i wanted to change. To what you said, I would also suggest ceramic tint. WE were camping, it was about 95 degrees, trailer even with the black out rollers, lowest i could get it in the trailer (even with both ACs running) was 78 degrees, though it usually creeped up to about 92. After i added the ceramic tint, one ac, same temps, 72 degrees all day long, no issues. This is a very expensive upgrade, but it's very very much worth it.
Yillbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 03:54 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yillbs View Post
aha, I think this is ironic. I too have a 26rk and did literally everything you said here.

Took me about half a trip to know everything i wanted to change. To what you said, I would also suggest ceramic tint. WE were camping, it was about 95 degrees, trailer even with the black out rollers, lowest i could get it in the trailer (even with both ACs running) was 78 degrees, though it usually creeped up to about 92. After i added the ceramic tint, one ac, same temps, 72 degrees all day long, no issues. This is a very expensive upgrade, but it's very very much worth it.
LOL... good idea about the ceramic tint. I actually know how to apply it, so I think I'll order some. Even just on the windows of the slider and that other big one in the living area should make a huge difference. Mind you we don't really get that hot around here, but it's like those windows magnify heat. When at home, the sun is against that living area window all day, and even if it's 70 degrees outside, it jacks the temp in the rig up to 90+ unless I turn on the AC which seems a little silly when it's only 70 out.

Thanks for the tip... not sure why I didn't think about tint..
Desdinova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:08 PM   #17

Vibe 25 RK

We have a 2021 vibe 25 RK and it has been great. Weve taken 3 trips with our 3 dogs. The layout is roomy. It handles well on the road with our RAM 1500 and weight distribution hitch. Love the bathroom!! 15000 BTU. A/C. Is plenty. Kitchen is great. We love it 😊
Kgvesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:12 PM   #18

Wonder what the OP decided on. Haven't heard from them since April.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 11:09 AM   #19

Sorry for the silence. We found out in July were expecting a new baby, so that will be number 4 for us. Unfortunately, our tow vehicle only holds three in the back and Im not about putting little kids up front. So were in the process of finding a van that can tow. Right now, we are still looking casually at the Vibe and a little more seriously at the Rockwoods/Flagstaffs. Prices appear to have gone up though where I live in WA.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:52 PM   #20

Do yall know what axels/suspension these trailers have?

Tags
vibe