Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2018, 09:11 PM   #41

Good to hear!!
Tommy Sedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:11 PM   #42
mgg

vent TOO low.

Had this problem on a trailer. The vent hose went down all the way to the plastic cover on the bottom of the trailer - i.e. below tank level. At some point, water gets into the line and now air has to push up past that water to get out. The fill tube hung just as low too. I got tie-wraps with screw holes and attached both hoses to the bottom of the trailer floor (in other words, as high as I could run them. That allowed a clean downhill run for the fill and kept the vent line high and dry.
mgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 09:34 PM   #43

Check angle of water fill tubing inside wall

Had a new Keystone trailer just over 10 yrs ago. Took first trip to park and could not fill with water as water kept coming out of fill hole. Discovered that plastic tube inside wall was angled quite a bit upward and water was not flowing in over the hump. Dealer fixed tubing and problem was resolved.
huskylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 05:31 PM   #44

Make sure that the air vent is open also. Mine was plugged and it was a time consuming project to fill the tanks. That fill hose that attaches to your water hose works wonders too. Definitely worth the investment.
otrtrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:47 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by otrtrucker View Post
Make sure that the air vent is open also. Mine was plugged and it was a time consuming project to fill the tanks. That fill hose that attaches to your water hose works wonders too. Definitely worth the investment.

I fix the problem myself
My bran new TT was at the dealer for 2weeks and they did absolutely nothing to it. Was still at the same place I park it
Great customer service
Needed the trailer last weekend you guest it Camping
I took the wood panel off to access the filler tube from our bedroom
Cut off 4inch off the hose and re installed it
Problem fix took me 5 min
alain h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:14 AM   #46

That thing won’t help. The filler hole is blocked by a self sealing safety valve down inside. I had the same problem. The valve requires the pressure of a connected hose to force open the valve. You can’t just drape a loose hose in the and have the water run in. It’s stupid because most fill stations just have a hose with no threaded end. I fixed this by replacing the inlet with a simple open fitting with a twist on cap. Even then the tubing inside is such a small diameter it took a while to fill. So, I dealt with that by attaching an expanding rubber drain clog remover to a hose. It self seals now, and fills very fast. Here is the device. https://m.acehardware.com/product/in...iABEgJjgPD_BwE
Mr58Vette is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank