Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2020, 04:20 PM   #1

How to play movie sound through stereo speakers in Vibe 26BH

I can't figure out how to get my stereo speakers to play sound when watching a movie. Neither are after market, duration and whatever TV comes standard. It is a Vibe 26BH. User manual didn't say anything. Thanks in advance..
petdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 04:43 PM   #2

Do you have one of the iRV stereo/head unit devices?

On mine, I have to keep pressing the Mode button until the display says TVAUDIO2 (or maybe it's TVAUDIO02). That mode forwards any audio received from the TV via the HDMI ARC channel to the soundbar/internal speakers.

2003 F150 Supercab 4x4, tow pkg, 3.55 gears
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21DS
Qwkynuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 04:46 PM   #3

I have no idea what iRV is, so I'm guessing I dont. I think my TV is a Jensen and the radio head unit is a Furion. I will try your tip later this week, RV is off-site in storage. Thank you.
Old 08-31-2020, 05:13 PM   #4
Part-Time Campground Host

You might try this;

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/pair-you...omputer-or-tv/
Equalizer Hitch w/4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2015(retirement): 1687
cboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 12:58 PM   #5

Try hooking a cord through the headphone jack of the stereo to the output of the tv.
jonnystef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 03:54 PM   #6

When I play a DVD, mine comes through the sound system. It always has. I can run it through a Bluetooth speaker also.
Max Tow (10 speed, 3:73, 11,700lbs), HD Payload (2440lbs)
2015 Puma 253 FBS
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe
2000 Honda EX 400, Rad Rover 6 Plus
Palinduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnystef View Post
Try hooking a cord through the headphone jack of the stereo to the output of the tv.
+1. Had to this with mine for OTA and cable TV, DVD worked through stereo.
Old 09-02-2020, 09:23 AM   #8

likely 2 ways to do it...

1) as stated by others, output from the TV to input on the stereo. This would cover you regardless of input used on the TV.
2) if you're plugging in an HDMI INPUT connection to the front of the stereo, you would take an HDMI OUT to the TV. My Cherkoee 274dbh has that setup, but they cheaped out and didn't put an easy to reach output below. One of these days I'll add one as I already verified the radio has the HDMI output on the back.
KampWagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 10:24 AM   #9

Thank you everyone for all the help, I have a variety of solutions. Thanks for the support.
Old 09-02-2020, 05:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by petdirt View Post
Thank you everyone for all the help, I have a variety of solutions. Thanks for the support.
Did you figure out a solution yet? As well, I have not been able to figure out how to dismount the TV to get access to the plug ins on the back...I don’t want to be too forceful cause I’m worried about breaking something. Any ideas?
Kebigler88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 07:39 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebigler88 View Post
Did you figure out a solution yet? As well, I have not been able to figure out how to dismount the TV to get access to the plug ins on the back...I don’t want to be too forceful cause I’m worried about breaking something. Any ideas?
I have a 2020 26bh, you have to be a little forceful and lift up on the TV to get it out. The connection for coax cable and King wifi extension is behind tv (poor design). The cables are too short so have someone there to disconnect while you hold the screen.
This is a problem because if you aren't using antenna signal you have to turn off the boost (located on the plate) when connected to cable signal.
I cut an access panel in the bedroom closet and relocated the plate in the void behind the TV so it can be turned on and off without taking the 50" TV down every time. This obviously required a longer coax cable from the TV.
Jmcnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 09:39 AM   #12

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmcnick View Post
I have a 2020 26bh, you have to be a little forceful and lift up on the TV to get it out. The connection for coax cable and King wifi extension is behind tv (poor design). The cables are too short so have someone there to disconnect while you hold the screen.
This is a problem because if you aren't using antenna signal you have to turn off the boost (located on the plate) when connected to cable signal.
I cut an access panel in the bedroom closet and relocated the plate in the void behind the TV so it can be turned on and off without taking the 50" TV down every time. This obviously required a longer coax cable from the TV.
Thanks for the clarification on dismounting the TV. We don't plan on hooking up cable very often if ever so I don't believe turning off the boost is an issue for us. However, I still would be interested in seeing a photo of the access panel you created if you don't mind sharing. Thanks again!
Kebigler88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stereo, vibe