Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2021, 11:19 PM   #1

I am buying a Vibe in 3 years, but have a question.

There are multiple reasons for the timing, but there is no uncertainty about the timing or the fact that I will buy one. I have time to do some research and I am going to put it to good use. No Vibe has everything I want, but there may be a way to fix that. That's what I want to know. The 31ML is my favorite, but is missing a dinette, which I consider crucial. Is there a way to have a 31ML made with a dinette in place of the recliners? If so, will it fit fine in the slide out? I would gladly accept table and chairs if the booth is impossible.

Another feature that I want for certain is a washer and dryer hookup. Therefore, if the 31ML cannot be outfitted with a dinette, I would choose the 28RB. The 28RB has everything I want except it is smaller than the 31ML. For instance, the bedroom does not slide out. Everyone has to admit that the bedroom of the 31ML is pretty amazing.

Anyway, my whole future is so much brighter if I can just find out if it is possible to swap out the recliners that I would never use with a dinette (of some sort) that I would always use in the 31ML.
Ronaldus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 06:47 AM   #2

In three years floor plans change. Focus on Vibe is fine but you have time to open your search to other brands, never know what’s out there.
Old 09-16-2021, 05:07 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csbadvisor View Post
In three years floor plans change. Focus on Vibe is fine but you have time to open your search to other brands, never know what’s out there.
Yep, in three years some Vibe floorplans could be eliminated or changed. Happens all the time.
We just found out that the 5th wheel model we've been waiting for 3 years to buy, has been dropped from the manufacturer's lineup for 2022.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 05:40 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Yep, in three years some Vibe floorplans could be eliminated or changed. Happens all the time.
We just found out that the 5th wheel model we've been waiting for 3 years to buy, has been dropped from the manufacturer's lineup for 2022.
I understand that and unfortunately if the floor plans change that much, I will have to change my mind or buy a slightly used model. However, I will think positive and hope for the best that the floor plans won't change and continue to seek an answer to my question about whether or not modifications can be made.

What I really want to know is if a dinette can be installed in place of the two recliners. I am curious as to whether or not that accommodation can be made, assuming it would fit in the slide out.

Maybe that is something I should contact a dealership and ask directly.
Old 09-16-2021, 05:45 PM   #5

Are you asking if you can have the factory make that custom modification?

In general, unless you are buy a unit that is totally custom made, you can't get the factory to make customizations beyond those options that are listed on the website for the unit.
Old 09-16-2021, 06:11 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover Podder View Post

In general, unless you are buy a unit that is totally custom made, you can't get the factory to make customizations beyond those options that are listed on the website for the unit.
Yep, FR doesn't do custom modifications.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 06:59 PM   #7

Why not keep the recliners as you can see the tv and yank the trifold sofa and put a table and chairs there? As far as washer/dryer, check the dimensions of the ward/linen in the bathroom. The plumbing is close.
Capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 07:16 PM   #8
D W

Quote:
X2. About the only models that basically keep the same floor plans are the rear kitchen models.
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 07:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover Podder View Post

Cool, that is what I was wondering. Thanks!
Old 09-16-2021, 07:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capacitor View Post
Why not keep the recliners as you can see the tv and yank the trifold sofa and put a table and chairs there? As far as washer/dryer, check the dimensions of the ward/linen in the bathroom. The plumbing is close.

I have just never been much of a recliner sitter inner. hehe Plus, I don't watch TV. There is nothing on but garbage. There are some things I watch on Youtube and other platforms occasionally, though, which I might feed to the TV.

When I finally get to make the purchase, it may come down to a coin flip to decide over the 31ML and 28RB. hehe
Old 09-17-2021, 08:41 AM   #11

Quote:

Sorry, I wrote this as my first reply and for some reason it didn't upload and I just found it unsent in another tab of my browser. I guess I hadn't figured this out well. Okay, here goes again...

Thanks. Yeah, I have already spent several years narrowing down the choices. hehe. The reason I ask about having a modification made 3 years before I will be making the purchase is that I figure having more time will help me accommodate that. I imagine it could take quite a bit of time to special order something. I am not waiting 3 years because of money or anything. That is just how much longer I have before I will be able to put an RV to use, because at that point I will semi-retire. I will at least no longer be working a career. Maybe I will work as a Walmart greeter! hehe

On that note, I have looked at the Flagstaff 29RBS, though. The floor plan is good and it has pretty much everything I would like, but I can't put my finger on it, there is something that doesn't seem right about it. I take it that you have a Flagstaff? How have you liked it and is it made with good quality and craftsmanship?

Tags
question, vibe